Close call with Phantom at a party

Reaction score
Recently went to a friend's birthday party, where someone brought a P3P over.
The owner of the Phantom let a few people fly it around and this was the end result:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm glad that no one got hurt, the copter came close to hitting a girl sitting in the chair.
The person flying the drone didn't know how to shut it off once it hit the ground so the props kept spinning and eating gravel until the owner grabbed it and popped out the battery.

I'm still waiting for my P3P to be shipped from DJI but already learned a valuable lesson of not letting people practice flying it within close proximity to other people.

Snerd, you made 666 messages, how does it feel? :)
Yeah there were a few babies/small children at the party. I don't think anyone really realized how dangerous the out of control drone was, everyone just laughed it off.

Snerd, you made 666 messages, how does it feel?
Kinda like Little Nicky

littlenicky.wikia_.com_.jpg

Letting someone else fly it is more dangerous than some of the stuff I do. That's crazy!

Reactions: JKDSensei
No time to search for a link but it was used by a poster regarding the risk of falling Phantoms hitting babies in strollers in the park.

Ok, this "baby killing" thing keeps coming up.
Can someone give me a link to how it got started?
Use the search link in my signature . Have seen it so many times I don't know where to start .

Reactions: Fplvert
Was the house OK?

It was a great bit of hyperbole spewed by a member, about the dangers of Phantoms falling from the skies and killing babies, if DJI didn't hurry up and get a new firmware released. The danger was so over exaggerated that it was hilarious! I still chuckle when I see someone having fun with it.

Reactions: J.James
Was the house OK?
Haha yeah the house won this time :)

I was actually surprised how well the Phantom handled this, I thought for sure the gimball is toast. But it flew just fine after that (minus one prop guard) and he filmed for a little more.

Yeah I don't let anyone fly my Phantom for this very reason! Just my personal decision. I would be way to cranky if one of my friends crashed it and put it out of commission. :eek:

And this is exactly why I also bought a Hubsan X4 for $40. Every one of my friends says, "Come on man! Let me fly your drone!" and I say absolutely not. I even hate letting newbies fly my Hubsan even though it handles crashing like a champ.

And this is exactly why I also bought a Hubsan X4 for $40. Every one of my friends says, "Come on man! Let me fly your drone!" and I say absolutely not. I even hate letting newbies fly my Hubsan even though it handles crashing like a champ.

That's a great idea. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31