Close call with Phantom at a party

Reaction score
Recently went to a friend's birthday party, where someone brought a P3P over.
The owner of the Phantom let a few people fly it around and this was the end result:

I'm glad that no one got hurt, the copter came close to hitting a girl sitting in the chair.
The person flying the drone didn't know how to shut it off once it hit the ground so the props kept spinning and eating gravel until the owner grabbed it and popped out the battery.

I'm still waiting for my P3P to be shipped from DJI but already learned a valuable lesson of not letting people practice flying it within close proximity to other people.

Reaction score
OMG!! Did I see a baby chair on the ground?! Please don't kill the babies!!

Reaction score
Snerd, you made 666 messages, how does it feel? :)
Yeah there were a few babies/small children at the party. I don't think anyone really realized how dangerous the out of control drone was, everyone just laughed it off.

Reaction score
Letting someone else fly it is more dangerous than some of the stuff I do. That's crazy!

Reactions: JKDSensei

N017RW

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
No time to search for a link but it was used by a poster regarding the risk of falling Phantoms hitting babies in strollers in the park.

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Ok, this "baby killing" thing keeps coming up.
Can someone give me a link to how it got started?
Use the search link in my signature . Have seen it so many times I don't know where to start .

Reactions: Fplvert
Reaction score
Was the house OK?

Reaction score
It was a great bit of hyperbole spewed by a member, about the dangers of Phantoms falling from the skies and killing babies, if DJI didn't hurry up and get a new firmware released. The danger was so over exaggerated that it was hilarious! I still chuckle when I see someone having fun with it.

Reactions: J.James

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
It was a great bit of hyperbole spewed by a member, about the dangers of Phantoms falling from the skies and killing babies, if DJI didn't hurry up and get a new firmware released. The danger was so over exaggerated that it was hilarious! I still chuckle when I see someone having fun with it.
Twas this it https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/is-safety-the-top-priority.47292/page-2&sa=U&ei=CCqdVfWDLsj3-AHIp4WIBQ&ved=0CAgQFjAB&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEhDSLptNL97e2ssS08_DIj8euglw Tittle of topic was changed and topic is locked but this one was wild :eek:

Reaction score
Was the house OK?
Haha yeah the house won this time :)

I was actually surprised how well the Phantom handled this, I thought for sure the gimball is toast. But it flew just fine after that (minus one prop guard) and he filmed for a little more.

Reaction score
Yeah I don't let anyone fly my Phantom for this very reason! Just my personal decision. I would be way to cranky if one of my friends crashed it and put it out of commission. :eek:

Reaction score
And this is exactly why I also bought a Hubsan X4 for $40. Every one of my friends says, "Come on man! Let me fly your drone!" and I say absolutely not. I even hate letting newbies fly my Hubsan even though it handles crashing like a champ.

Reaction score
And this is exactly why I also bought a Hubsan X4 for $40. Every one of my friends says, "Come on man! Let me fly your drone!" and I say absolutely not. I even hate letting newbies fly my Hubsan even though it handles crashing like a champ.
That's a great idea. :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanT