Cleaning

Reaction score
How do you guys clean the body of your P3 from bugs, etc? Anyone use a spray cleaner. I had a small scuff into the plastic body of mine and Mr. Cleans Magic Eraser made it unnoticeable but what about windex or Lysol for general cleaning??

A little bit of Dawn dish soap and water works well for me.

Reactions: Bigdz
Bleach gets the stains out fast

Most of the items mentioned below will adversely affect the plastic. Will this matter in the long run? Probably not. When clean, I wipe mine down with a good plastic protector such as Lexol vinyl and plastic protector or Aerospace 303. This makes it much easier to clean the P3 later and also puts some good UV protector on the plastic. I wipe down the entire P3 and the props. I also wipe down the controller.

I've only encountered this when I happen upon an area with bees/wasps. It's actually funny to watch them chase the bird back and forth. Admittedly I will also reverse course and chase them :D. They learn quickly.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Any tip regarding sea mist? It contains salt and goes into the motors and gimbal.

Even on days when you can barely notice some mist in the air, after the flight you can feel it on the airframe and props.

Bleach gets the stains out fast

Ugg. Bleach? Bleach contains chlorine and chlorine is a corrosive. And you are putting it on something with serious concentration of electronics AND vents to let the chlorine gas in.

Leave the bleach in the laundry room.

Reactions: FrequentFlyer
My 2- From my equally expensive hobby, off-road motorcycles, I found a can of Plexus Plastic Cleaner in my gear that I tried on my P3P. Crazy how good this stuff works. Removes grass-stains, gives you a somewhat protected sealed but breathable coating, & It's anti-static. You have to try it to believe it really. Downside: $$$

I do not work for this company and am not sponsored by this product etc. It's just personally the best cleaning product I've come across.

Here's a link: Plexus 20214 Plastic Cleaner Protectant and Polish - 13 oz Aerosol Can

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers