Cincinnati - Places To Fly

Reaction score
Hey guys, we’re finally looking at some warm weather AND calm winds tomorrow in Cincinnati. I’m looking for somewhere to fly that not only has some decent stuff to film, but is somewhat open/easy to navigate. I’m an intermediate pilot. I can handle my bird, but I’m looking for practice rotating around objects/towers, etc.

Hoping maybe there are some folks on here from the area that might have some ideas. Thanks!

I live in Sycamore Township, I like to fly at French Park, the views of the area are nice and you can get pretty good distance as well. I also like to fly from the Ransohoff Overlook at Bellevue Park as it gives you great views of downtown and the west end.

I've flown at VOA park in West Chester a few times with my P3P and it's awesome place to fly because it's very flat and wide open in all directions. I even have footage of launching from that park and going out 3.5 miles on perfectly calm days --- I was only up about 300 ft. AGL at that range because there are no trees or hills so you will maintain great connection the whole way out.

BE CAREFUL --- there are cops who occasionally patrol that park and technically it's a "no-drone zone" so you may encounter some heat. I only had one cop walk up to me and ask me to land the drone and take it somewhere else. Other cops/park rangers see me holding a weird thing in my hands (controller) but my P3P is out of visual sight and they don't stick around long enough to figure out it's a drone I'm flying LOL.

Reactions: foconnell1

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94