Choppy videos

Reaction score
I have done several videos on my P4 using the SD card. While they are okay, there is nothing really smooth when recording. While rotating or flying forward the video jumps ahead instead panning smoothly. It makes the video choppy quite frankly hard to watch. It will also get blurry before it corrects.
I am using a DJI GO 4 on a 2015 Samsung Galaxy Tab4 and connecting wifi to my iPhone 7 hotspot using LTE. All firmware is up to date.
Could this be a problem with the signal, or the tablet? Would an iPad mini solve my problem? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you are using the video from the SD card itself then the display device and table won't become a factor at all. Are you using a computer to play the video file from the SD card?

I am a newbie. Got the 4 Pro for Christmas and had the same problem. Converted the video to smaller files and everything smoothed out. My old IMac (2010 model) will not play 4K smoothly. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is a snapshot of a 3 min video. Pretty much sums it up though. I just shot video of a video on my laptop.

Last edited:
wstevenson94 is your suggestion to record in lesser format? It seems like what I see on my tab during flight is pretty much what records. That is why I was thinking it was the tablet. Is there a particular SD card I should invest in? I am using SanDisk MicroSD HC1 32 GB.

I use the card that game with the 4. I would try recording in lesser format. I have not actually tried recording in a lesser format yet. The weather has just been too bad here. When I did convert my recordings to lesser format they smoothed out nicely. Keep in mind, I am a newbie here and I'm sure there are many more that can give much better advice. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Lukas Ways I thought as much. Didn't consider that at first. Thank you for the advice. That is a lot easier than a new tablet!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is a snapshot of a 3 min video. Pretty much sums it up though. I just shot video of a video on my laptop.

We need the original video uploaded to Dropbox or something. This could just be your computer can't handle the files. But we won't know unless we can download the video ourselves.

I tried that and got an error. I will work some more to upload it. That is a good point though, it could be my computer.

45483cf7f8f6cc1a813d9807b70b40f1.jpg
. This was the card.

F3honda4me, I guess I am to ignorant to know how to upload to dropbox on the forum. I copied and converted the file to a smaller size and it really smoothed out. The graphics card in my Lenovo is too slow. Thank you all for the help!

I have done several videos on my P4 using the SD card. While they are okay, there is nothing really smooth when recording. While rotating or flying forward the video jumps ahead instead panning smoothly. It makes the video choppy quite frankly hard to watch. It will also get blurry before it corrects.
I am using a DJI GO 4 on a 2015 Samsung Galaxy Tab4 and connecting wifi to my iPhone 7 hotspot using LTE. All firmware is up to date.
Could this be a problem with the signal, or the tablet? Would an iPad mini solve my problem? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I had the same problem with mine. It was choppy on one laptop and smooth on my other one. I don't think the choppy one has a good enough video card to play 4K video

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31