Chinese authorities test drone-aircraft collision

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Seems the Chinese have tested aircraft/drone collisions - Chinese authorities test drone-aircraft collision - ASN News

0.gif

Unfortunately the small write delay to the card would prevent the moment of impact from being recorded.
I’m not surprised you immediately thought of the flight data- I was principally interested in availability of the video file.

Last edited:
I’m not surprised you immediately thought of the flight data- I was principally interested in availability of the video file.

Actually in this case I was referring to the video data. Having looked at several recovered videos from hard impacts, the actual impact never makes it onto the video. The flight data seem to be written with less delay.

Regardless if the absolute pinpoint moment of impact would be recorded- I would still love to watch it

I'm glad someone is actually doing this kind of testing.
It helps re-inforce to the uninformed UAV pilot why we should NOT fly near airports without advance clearance.
It helps reduce the public hysteria fearing catastrophic damage to the manned aircraft.

Well looks like people will survive... I'm also more worried about the turbine engine ...

it's possible that it actually spit all pcs out the other end and nothing happen as djis are plastic and even the battery it's actually soft for a huge stainless steel blender and a little lithium flames are nothing for a turbine but you never know ... hopefully it's not a single engine jet :)... I hate traveling on those ...

Reactions: TrevorTron
Well looks like people will survive... I'm also more worried about the turbine engine ...

it's possible that it actually spit all pcs out the other end and nothing happen as djis are plastic and even the battery it's actually soft for a huge stainless steel blender and a little lithium flames are nothing for a turbine but you never know ... hopefully it's not a single engine jet :)... I hate traveling on those ...

But the motors are metal and quite dense; vs. carbon fibre turbine blades? Could be messy.....

But the motors are metal and quite dense; vs. carbon fibre turbine blades? Could be messy.....

The (aviation) turbine blades are not CF but rather superalloys. CF is highly frangible, not good for such a critical part.

probably less disastrous for a jet engine than the geese that they regularly ingest

Can’t agree with that.

Tissue and hollow bones vs titanium, aluminum, copper, sintered neodymium, lead, etc.

Can’t agree with that.

Tissue and hollow bones vs titanium, aluminum, copper, sintered neodymium, lead, etc.

It's obviously pointless trying to draw this distinction which does, at least to some extent, rely on at least a cursory understanding of physics and material science. I gave up even attempting to stem the tide of ignorance on this topic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik