Check your RTH Height

Reaction score
Lastest firmware on P3A and every-time I power up mine resets back to 0 (Zero Meters).

yes.... it's a known bug in the software. the bird remembers what you put in last.

I noticed I was getting an "Overall Status" message that Aircraft requires update. Seen that before the last time I installed the 1.6 FW. So I relinked my RC and so far the RTH Height is now staying put.

I noticed I was getting an "Overall Status" message that Aircraft requires update. Seen that before the last time I installed the 1.6 FW. So I relinked my RC and so far the RTH Height is now staying put.
That's the same issue I was having. Is re-linking an option in the app somewhere? I must have missed it. Thanks!

That's the same issue I was having. Is re-linking an option in the app somewhere? I must have missed it. Thanks!

Yes, I read somewhere that it might be necessary so I gave it a shot and it seemed to work. Its under the DJI Pilot app settings. Click o the little icon of the RC and I believe you should see "Relink RC" .

Its also covered in the User manual on page 28.

Reactions: stinkeye
Blade as commented on this subject on another thread before stating like bbfpv did that it is a bug in the app software, but he did not mention that a relink would fix it and he is pretty clued up on these subjects to say the least. Let us know how you get on anyway with your next flights.
bbfpv what are your thoughts on this, i was going to say have you tried a relink but i think your on a nvidia are you so you wont have this problem.

Blade as commented on this subject on another thread before stating like bbfpv did that it is a bug in the app software, but he did not mention that a relink would fix it and he is pretty clued up on these subjects to say the least. Let us know how you get on anyway with your next flights.
bbfpv what are your thoughts on this, i was going to say have you tried a relink but i think your on a nvidia are you so you wont have this problem.
Haven't noticed, I set it once and haven't looked since. I'll check tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah, I wonder if it survives power-cycles.
Again, the parameter is stored bird-side, so yes, it survives power cycles. It's a glitch in the app displaying the wrong value.

Not a bad idea to test this at the start of the flight. Move the Phantom about 30 to 40 feet away at about 20 feet, and press the Go Home button. Phantom should start climbing and level at the RTH height you set, then head to the take off spot. You can cancel at any time, once you know the RTH will be safe for surrounding trees and obstacles.

That could be scary ! I normally stop flying when I hit RTH :)

Which is why mine V+ is set to 200'

Lets hope they fix that one quickly. So at zero I assume it stays at current elevation and attempts to return home.?

That could be scary ! I normally stop flying when I hit RTH :)

Which is why mine V+ is set to 200'

Lets hope they fix that one quickly. So at zero I assume it stays at current elevation and attempts to return home.?
If the 0m were real, yes.

If the 0m were real, yes.
ok just checked this out as I always fly out of my yard and power lines between me and free air
I am on newest firmware 1.1.8 set the RTH at 31 meters and fly out 50ft up about 50ft hit RTH it went to 100 came home
I then landed power cycled bird and App opened app checked said RTH 0m So I flew out same 50,50 hit RTH
it went to 62ft ???and came home What the hell.

Came home power cycled all set RTH at 100 flew out and 100 it did

So from what I can tell you better dam well set it every flight
Sitting here typing I realize I should have tried just cycling app as if it were to have crashed and reloaded and see
and also just power cycle bird as if battery change So I will do those in morning
Dead battery now :mad: wish I had 4 like my vision plus hurry up DJI

Reactions: Stan_in_KS
Be interesting to see what other results people are going to have with this test. Sounds like we might need our iOS app update sooner rather than later.

Of course you can also set a custom RTH height each flight to suit your flying environment rather than making a global setting.
It's easy to fly to a position you are comfortable with and set a new Home Point up in the air to provide a safe clearance above trees etc.
i-kvL4TBX-L.png

Of course you can also set a custom RTH height each flight to suit your flying environment rather than making a global setting.
It's easy to fly to a position you are comfortable with and set a new Home Point up in the air to provide a safe clearance above trees etc.
i-kvL4TBX-L.png

That's a good point. So if I take off to the highest point I want to fly and then press Home point it will store this point. If the signal is lost it will ascend to this height if RTH or continue at the height if above this?

Good to see regulars back and reading and posting things on the P3, afters yesterdays invasion there was nothing serious left to read. Things seem to have cleared up for now at least.

Last edited:
So if I take off to the highest point I want to fly and then press Home point it will store this point. If the signal is lost it will ascend to this height if RTH or continue at the height if above this?
Here's what the manual says ....
i-BTLdbth-L.jpg

If below HP+20m, it will ascend to HP + 20m
If above HP+20m it will come home at that level.

It's good for flying around trees etc.
Take off ... climb to a clear point above where you would want the Phantom to descend, set home up above the treetops and fly away knowing it's going to RTH above the trees rather than through them.

It's easy enough to test this in the open to see how it works before you use it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20