Check my range

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is from one of my buddies neighborhood. The end points at the clubhouse (2:21 in video is 2800 feet) and freeway (10:05 in video is 1800 feet) are about as far as I can go before video cuts out. Is this about right with obstructions like the homes and trees?

120-150 feet in height. manual mode at 4 mb/s channel 20

Last edited:
My trip last night and 100% clear still

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 423
Are you flying on auto on the video streaming? I'm flying from a cul de sac with lots of homes and trees. Yours is pretty open

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is from one of my buddies neighborhood. The end points at the clubhouse (2:21 in video is 2800 feet) and freeway (10:05 in video is 1800 feet) are about as far as I can go before video cuts out. Is this about right with obstructions like the homes and trees?

120-150 feet in height. manual mode at 4 mb/s channel 20
about average but if you push up to 250ft it makes a big difference may gain as much as 1000ft

My low level flight max and then one from open area
intown max.PNG
p3 max.PNG

Ok, I'm getting what you are getting at the height. Which is where I keep mine. About 150ish. The top picture looks like the neighborhood I flew. I've yet to take mine to a location like the bottom picture. Looks like pretty flat terrain with very little obstruction. I've also not taken mine over 150 feet high. I'd like to but it's been windy here over the past week. dying to take it out. Bummer is only one battery. I'd like to wait to my others arrive before venturing out.

I also see by your date that you are flying in the future. My time continuum converter isn't working on mine. Stuck in the present still. Air maybe thinner in the future? I don't know. ;)

Ok, I'm getting what you are getting at the height. Which is where I keep mine. About 150ish. The top picture looks like the neighborhood I flew. I've yet to take mine to a location like the bottom picture. Looks like pretty flat terrain with very little obstruction. I've also not taken mine over 150 feet high. I'd like to but it's been windy here over the past week. dying to take it out. Bummer is only one battery. I'd like to wait to my others arrive before venturing out.

I also see by your date that you are flying in the future. My time continuum converter isn't working on mine. Stuck in the present still. Air maybe thinner in the future? I don't know. ;)
no the app shows date then month don't know why. I know when we vacation many countries do that to ;)

That's the date format most of the rest of the world uses.
There will be something in the settings for the tablet to express dates in something you recognise.

Went to a park today. Out of the neighborhood and got 6800 feet. Signal was still very strong but I had to turn back since I'd already did other flying. Looking forward to seeing how far it will go. I'm very pleased now with the range

Ok, went to same park today again. 12 mph wind. Took my bird out to 16,500 feet! I'm lovin this thing.

elevation 250 feet. Remote on manual at 4 mb/s and channel 20. Kicker is, I stopped it when I got a red weak signal. Didn't even loose video. Figured I'd better bring it back

Last edited:
So, my conclusion is that trees and homes make a big difference in flight distance. 2800 compared to 16,624 open line of sight

So, my conclusion is that trees and homes make a big difference in flight distance. 2800 compared to 16,624 open line of sight
So obstructed LOS actually degrades distance? Defect! Send it back!

well, I wondered how much just trees and homes did, and I have my answer. So don't get discouraged if you fly around these and don't get good distances. It is capable

Reactions: loganboyd
Lots of trees and houses on my street. if I get more than 200m away and flying at 30m high then the signal blinks red at me and complains! I haven't tested it out yet while flying in wide open spaces but I will soon. RAIN on the forecast for the next several days. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic