Cheap FPV with phone in goggles

Reaction score
So I've never tried FPV but I have always wanted to because my original purpose for getting into drones was to race them.

With toys r us going out of business there are a few models of drones that are actually pretty cheap and look decent to mess around with. The goggles all require you to put your phone in them for the screen.

Is this worth spending money on or should i just wait to afford a "real" fpv racer?

Always start cheap to learn how to fly first, this way if its a cheap drone you don't feel so bad about putting it into the dirt!

Reactions: DroneTurismo
Racing fpv goggles require very low transmission delays else the actual position seen on the goggles could be misleading and could result into mishaps. If you are going in for a racing drone and fpv, check the specifications carefully.

Usually racing fpvs are expensive.

Just grab a cheap e-chine set of goggles instead. As long as the drone uses the 5.8ghz standard transmission, they’ll work fine, be faster than using phone and are less than $75...

Reactions: DroneTurismo
Ill check that out on the models i was looking at. i was under the impression i needed to run their app on my phone to get the transmission.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers