Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Cheap FPV with phone in goggles

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by DroneTurismo, Mar 13, 2018 at 5:49 PM.

1. DroneTurismo

Jul 26, 2017
    So I've never tried FPV but I have always wanted to because my original purpose for getting into drones was to race them.

With toys r us going out of business there are a few models of drones that are actually pretty cheap and look decent to mess around with. The goggles all require you to put your phone in them for the screen.

Is this worth spending money on or should i just wait to afford a "real" fpv racer?
  2. ARM

Feb 1, 2016
    Always start cheap to learn how to fly first, this way if its a cheap drone you don't feel so bad about putting it into the dirt!
    DroneTurismo likes this.
  3. alokbhargava

Sep 28, 2015
    Racing fpv goggles require very low transmission delays else the actual position seen on the goggles could be misleading and could result into mishaps. If you are going in for a racing drone and fpv, check the specifications carefully.

Usually racing fpvs are expensive.