Cheap drone transport case to field

Reaction score
Considering the cost of DJI Phantoms - I typically don't cheap out on accessories. But in this case I thought I'd share the rig I transport my phantom 4 to most flying sites. The foam inserts are from an old phantom 3 cheapo back pack I got on Ebay for $20. I had some boards from another project in the basement I just cut to fit the foam inserts. When I get to he flying site - I just pop the phantom out of the trunk (props are on - most pre checks done at home) and am flying in about a minute (or however long it takes the phantom to warm up).
Started using this with the P3P - guess you could pretty much use the P4 case it comes with for this - but I tend to have modified the controller so it doesn't fit anymore.

Second cheapo is my take-off pad. See some pricey options out there. If the ground is sketchy with snow, sand, or mud I just drop a small pice of plywood down for take-off (likely hand catch).

Attachments

• Z1.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 264
  • z_2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 307
  • Z_3.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 330
Do you know of a place where they sell the foam interiors already cut ?, Only the interiors, without the box
When I searched a few years ago - there were few options (I no longer have links) - but all were way more expensive than buying a cheap backpack with foam installed from Ebay.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik