Cheap battery on Bang Good

Ha ha ha !!! Nah I have a p3p and a p3A so whatever is left if they both crash I'll try to Frankenstein a quad ha ha ha !!! Or maybe see if I can make an x8 p3 !!! Ha ha ha !!

My initial plans are this:
Step #
1) make sure battery is recognized by the AC
2) attempt firmware upgrade
3) drain battery down via flight sim and look for abnormalities
4) drain battery down via AC on but not actually flying and look for abnormalities
5) test at a hover 4-6feet off the ground (possibly try to rig something up to catch it if it fails)
6) if all these tests go well start with gentle flights and work my way up to normal flight if no issues have showed up by this point.

The main issue i see is the AC recognizing the battery properly & the firmware update. If these both work that means to me that the "smart" portion of the battery (which is the ONLY thing that makes these batteries remotely special) is functioning correctly. The cells in a DJI or non DJI battery are just lipo cells, nothing special, and potentially even made in the same factory.

And I figure everyone here is either a) crucifying anyone who wonders about another battery option or b) afraid to try it.

I have both a p3a and p3p so .... Time to use my p3a as a Guinea pig lol !! And then there will be a bit of actual proof rather than just keyboard warriors arguing.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Sounds complicated to me but that's me ? well wish you well , and all is well When, I started with a phantom fc40 (phantom 1) and wellI like you only bought aftermarket batteries (4 in fact) and never had any trouble with those, then a p2vision + but the batteries where not as dear as these are for the p3 to expensive ?you can buy a new truck battery for nearer the same price £120, well good luck ? cheers P309

Ha ha ha !! Yup a truck battery here is about the same cost !! And that's an interstate one (good quality)! The cold we get here in Canada shows you quickly when you need to throw 3 new batteries in a truck !! Ha ha ha

Sounds complicated to me but that's me ? well wish you well , and all is well When, I started with a phantom fc40 (phantom 1) and wellI like you only bought aftermarket batteries (4 in fact) and never had any trouble with those, then a p2vision + but the batteries where not as dear as these are for the p3 to expensive ?you can buy a new truck battery for nearer the same price £120, well good luck ? cheers P309

Hopefully my experiment goes well and you can pick up the same battery for your p3 for £69
4500mAh 15.2V 4S Intelligent Battery For DJI Phantom 3 Professional Advance Standard Versions

Little bit of savings to be had there if it works well !

I bought a limefuel 6000mAh battery and its superior in performance to the DJI batteries I have. I just make sure I don't have it fitted when I'm connected to the laptop :(

I bought a limefuel 6000mAh battery and its superior in performance to the DJI batteries I have. I just make sure I don't have it fitted when I'm connected to the laptop :(

I also ordered a battery from banggood 3 weeks ago, should be here any time now,will let you know how it works,I am also from Canada

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Check out Limefuel they are one of a few reputable manufactures of These type of batteries and they are extremely reliable. They manufacture many LiPo batteries For all types of function

I would never buy nonDJI battery, because you never know what is it made of. And the consequences could be catastrophic, not only for the Phantom.

I have had these sudden power warnings with almost full battery still showing on the genuine dji batteries too. To try and test how real the warning was we hovered our P2 at 1m, and after squawking for about 30 seconds, still showing over 70% charge on the battery indicator, it switched off and hit the deck, breaking two prop guards. Since then the same battery has sometimes repeated the fault, and sometimes functioned normally.

Reactions: phantom trucker 309
I am new with p3p and have been reading alot what i mostly see is pilots having problems with batteries so for what I think DJI batteries are not that great
I am also from canada and in quebec they sell batteries for 209.00 + taxs = 240,00 and the advertise batteries are 135.00 tax included )canadian money)
so i will order some and they may be better then the DJI..

I went to read about the battery at Bangood here<s what a custumer said...
I ordered this battery because of so much discussion in a FB Phantom group. I received the battery in 11 days. It charged in about 45 min. It accepted the latest firmware with no issues. First flight was 18 min and still said it had 8 min to go when landed. Besides the light design which I think is from the inspire, you can not tell the difference between the DJI recommended battery and this one. It has an extra 20mAh but not sure if this would increase the flight time as much as I got. I will purchase another soon

If you download the bang good app for iOS ... Register ... You get 1 coupon for 10% off ... Or $13 per battery making them even cheaper. [emoji6] but you have to place the order from the app and apply the code (only works once )

I'm not sure how the refund works ... Maybe you can get the app & 10% off with android too !!

Yep, work with android app too.
goto google play and search for bang good, then sign in and follow instruction right after signing.

Hey, we here on this forum, all the problems we have dating back to the phantom 1'. And 2 and we are still having trouble with the 3 series with battery problems, just read an article on utube with Jim bowers testing a onbo power battery on his then phantom 2 seemed to work better than dji,s and has 800Mah more power, but up to now I don't think they have got round to making one for P3 (have just sent them an e/mail asking)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20