Cheap battery on Bang Good

would not trust not dji

No I would not use these.
I have used copy batteries in some of my ham radio gear and the are nowhere near the quality of the originals and the capacity of them are way down on the originals. I weighed my copy batteries and the all weighed in much less than the originals. Whilst always stated much higher capacity than the stock batteries. Add to that the use of cheaper material used to make the batteries, which usually means contanimants which will result In very high failure rates.
I would say it's a big no no

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Allan8056
I agree. I would only use genuine DJI batteries. The battery is such an integral part of (successful) flying and is actually a quite complex battery. If you're looking to save costs I would certainly look in other areas. I wound not cut corners with things such as batteries or props.

I am on the other side as I would have no qualms using them. I have even used old helicopter LIPO batteries on my rc car that were left fully charged over 3 years and they worked fine.

From what I can gather the only downside is making a warranty claim they can check the serial number of the battery. I don't know whether they do as there have been no reports online of anyone being refused due to an non-DJI battery.

Reactions: Trackman1
I am on the other side as I would have no qualms using them. I have even used old helicopter LIPO batteries on my rc car that were left fully charged over 3 years and they worked fine.

From what I can gather the only downside is making a warranty claim they can check the serial number of the battery. I don't know whether they do as there have been no reports online of anyone being refused due to an non-DJI battery.

Yeah but the consequences of the battery failing in an RC car are far less severe than in a two and a half pound quad that's 500 feet overhead. I'm with everyone else, I wouldn't risk using a non-DJI battery to save less than fifty bucks.

Reactions: Allan8056
I bet the rc car wasn't a smart battery

...and that is what is so great about forums such as this. It gives one the mechanism to share ideas, thoughts, opinions, experiences, expertise and the like. There is no correct answer, just what each will have their own opinion. I'm new to the hobby and from what I've read regarding the battery, coupled with what I've read from experienced drone users at this time I prefer to use only DJI genuine batteries. But that is me.

Even the originals give shutdown, but who knows maybe anyone want to try? For Phantom 2 they were no bad as my friend says

I will try one as some as I get out of warranty. Might just keep an eye on the reviews til then.
When I got into single rotor several years ago. A lot of the local fliers would not buy after market.
I bought nothing but. Never any problems. But as some one else points out. They were not smart batterys and
I have more money in the air now. The Phantoms cost a lot more to fix.

I'm going out on this whim mostly because the DJI batteries have always been mediocre at best since the p2 days ... The line fuel ones were way better !!! In the p1 days .. My DJI batteries were replaced by a "non OEM" battery basically right away ... And now with the p3 .. I'm guessing they are still mediocre at best. Why not give it a shot and see how these generics stack up against a genuine. I will report my findings once the battery gets here !!

Reactions: dexter82
II would consider them after I see adequate favorable reviews. In my opinion, four reviews ain't enough...

P3P Canada. I don't think you will pay tax on that. $135CND to your door. The DJI battery is $149USD = $207CND. from china.
They cheapest I have seen in store here is $187 + 13%tax=$211

Hopefully there will be more aftermarket battery's and force JDI prices down.

I just laugh at people saying they would not use these. Unless they have some specific info on why these are bad... it's a battery. DJI is not god of batteries.

Track man the $187+tax was at Canada computers I think !! $135 shipped to my door I think is worth the try !!! What do we have to lose ... If it works awesome if it doesn't .. It doesn't.

And I agree fotogeek, people will cut holes into their battery (dual battery mode) and attach "generic" batteries to the sides to get 1-5 more mins of flight. But then they are afraid to just test or try a DJI aftermarket battery.

Reactions: rulppa
I just laugh at people saying they would not use these. Unless they have some specific info on why these are bad... it's a battery. DJI is not god of batteries.

Exactly. Many DJI Phantom batteries are manufactured by MYT Industrial Co Ltd and they actually sell the P2 battery on their wholesale website, but state that they are not allowed to sell them with the Phantom logo/name which is probably the reason why we see a PHA logo in the market. They don't currently advertise a P3 battery probably because the whole production run is pre-sold. However, there are minimum order quantities, usually 1,000 units. :rolleyes:

They also make battery chargers for many laptop computers, so probably the Phantom charger too.

Lithium polymer battery packs Manufacturer: MYT Industrial Co. Ltd

I'm going out on this whim mostly because the DJI batteries have always been mediocre at best since the p2 days ... The line fuel ones were way better !!! In the p1 days .. My DJI batteries were replaced by a "non OEM" battery basically right away ... And now with the p3 .. I'm guessing they are still mediocre at best. Why not give it a shot and see how these generics stack up against a genuine. I will report my findings once the battery gets here !!

P3 Canada, will you be selling the parts after flying your p3 with copy phantom 3 batteries (only joking) I hope your venture into the unknown works and the non dji p3 batteries are fine , because then we can all buy the cheaper copy ones , but will wait for your reply after flying a few times, good luck from old phantom 309

P3 Canada, will you be selling the parts after flying your p3 with copy phantom 3 batteries (only joking) I hope your venture into the unknown works and the non dji p3 batteries are fine , because then we can all buy the cheaper copy ones , but will wait for your reply after flying a few times, good luck from old phantom 309

Ha ha ha !!! Nah I have a p3p and a p3A so whatever is left if they both crash I'll try to Frankenstein a quad ha ha ha !!! Or maybe see if I can make an x8 p3 !!! Ha ha ha !!

My initial plans are this:
Step #
1) make sure battery is recognized by the AC
2) attempt firmware upgrade
3) drain battery down via flight sim and look for abnormalities
4) drain battery down via AC on but not actually flying and look for abnormalities
5) test at a hover 4-6feet off the ground (possibly try to rig something up to catch it if it fails)
6) if all these tests go well start with gentle flights and work my way up to normal flight if no issues have showed up by this point.

The main issue i see is the AC recognizing the battery properly & the firmware update. If these both work that means to me that the "smart" portion of the battery (which is the ONLY thing that makes these batteries remotely special) is functioning correctly. The cells in a DJI or non DJI battery are just lipo cells, nothing special, and potentially even made in the same factory.

And I figure everyone here is either a) crucifying anyone who wonders about another battery option or b) afraid to try it.

I have both a p3a and p3p so .... Time to use my p3a as a Guinea pig lol !! And then there will be a bit of actual proof rather than just keyboard warriors arguing.

Just my 2 cents.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20