Charging

Reaction score
I read somewhere that It is not recommended to charge the transmitter and battery at the same time. Has anyone had any issues? I thought that's why they developed the charger, 2 things at once. This is for the p3 advanced. Thanks everyone,
Chris

Sent from my SM-G925V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think I had an issue doing this once, the very first time I charged. It seemed the P3Adv battery did not charge to full even though it was no longer blinking as if it were finished.

Since then, charged batteries separately. No issues!

I think the dual option is purely for cost to have one mains plug, and two choices of charging on one cord. That's my theory anyway.

As the RC battery and AC batteries are not identical, one should not charge them together from the same source.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Cjh1976
The "issue" is heat. DJI does not recommend this as it (may?) cause the charger to heat up more. With that said, I know many people do this and I've never heard of any issues. I suspect this might be more of an issue with the Pro charger as opposed to the Advance charger.

Voltage to each would be the same regardless of charging one or two. The amps would only be different. So if on the same circuit they _might_ not charge as fast.

Not the OP, but it's good to know these things!

I do have a question- if I purchase a Pro charger (faster charger), is it possible to use in conjunction with the 4 charger power bank for batteries of a P3Adv? Will it cause any dramas, or allow for a faster charge at all?

Hi all, Reading everyone's Q & A and was wondering if the fast charger shortens the battery life in any way or is hard on the battery's. I would be concerned about more heat in the charging process as well. Any opinions?
Thank you

that is not an issue as the charger is just a power supply that outputs 17 volts. You can use a lipo charger to charge the batteries, just set it up to output 17 volts. i use my lipo charger and a special cable I bought.
As the RC battery and AC batteries are not identical, one should not charge them together from the same source.

It's 17.5 volts output for AC batteries but must be half of it for RC battery. AC batteries are 4S whereas RC battery is just 2S. I m not sure how internally voltages have been divided. If they are independent stabilized supplies then one will not affect the other.

Also how is the total load considered for limiting the temperature rise in the transformer/s inside? Power supply has been rated to work at 40deg C whereas we have much lower temperatures in the rooms at least in CA. In such a case we. An get higher outputs at lower operating temperatures.

I don't know the internals of the DJI power supply, so can't say much

Not the OP, but it's good to know these things!

I do have a question- if I purchase a Pro charger (faster charger), is it possible to use in conjunction with the 4 charger power bank for batteries of a P3Adv? Will it cause any dramas, or allow for a faster charge at all?
If its this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DLRK12U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
the answer is yes, but you can also use the 57w charger too, is it charges the batteries one after the other.

It's 17.5 volts output for AC batteries but must be half of it for RC battery. AC batteries are 4S whereas RC battery is just 2S. I m not sure how internally voltages have been divided. If they are independent stabilized supplies then one will not affect the other.

Also how is the total load considered for limiting the temperature rise in the transformer/s inside? Power supply has been rated to work at 40deg C whereas we have much lower temperatures in the rooms at least in CA. In such a case we. An get higher outputs at lower operating temperatures.

I don't know the internals of the DJI power supply, so can't say much

Nope, the charger is just a 17 Volt power supply. It outputs only 17 volts. The regulation is done inside the smart battery and remote.
You can use any 17 Volt 50 amp power supply to charge any of the smart batteries. I do.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app

I personally use this as it charges 3 batteries and the controller all at the same time rather then one by one so it's a lot quicker
e45353a66fe31f29551c50ec54256cb2.jpg

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I hop
Nope, the charger is just a 17 Volt power supply. It outputs only 17 volts. The regulation is done inside the smart battery and remote.
You can use any 17 Volt 50 amp power supply to charge any of the smart batteries. I do.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app
Hope that was a typo and you meant 17 volts and 5 amps! 850 watts seems like a lot LOL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic