Charging Hub.

Reaction score
So I got a charging hub today. It's a very basic bit of expensive kit...

Now just wondering about these yellow lights. 2 batteries have gone 'green' quite quickly, but 2 of my 4 batteries are sitting there on the 'yellow'. I've put the other 2 batteries into all the slots and they all show green but the last 2 seem to be on the 'analyse' mode for a long while.

Any advice? Shall I stop being impatient?

I like my charging hub, not be without it, never had any problems at all, I always disconnect the power supply, slide the batteries in and then plug into the power, it starts charging the most charged battery then the others after

I like my charging hub, not be without it, never had any problems at all, I always disconnect the power supply, slide the batteries in and then plug into the power, it starts charging the most charged battery then the others after

Don't get it. I've taken the 2 batteries out. Put them into the p4p to run for a few mins back into the charger and it's still showing yellow dots.

The other 2 batteries are fine. Odd.

They all charge fine on the charger without the hub and the stand alone charger.

odd.. I charged them on another charger and then put them back in and now they are both showing green.. perhaps it was just 'one of those things'

Glad it sorted itself out :)

We shall see next time I need to charge.

I also turned 'on' the batteries and left them on the charger until they eventually switched off. Remember reading somewhere that's how to get them to capacity.

So I got a charging hub today. It's a very basic bit of expensive kit...

Now just wondering about these yellow lights.

Any advice? Shall I stop being impatient?

There's a switch on the charger cradle. It can be set to charge or storage. Was that your problem?

Last edited:
There's a switch on the charger cradle. It can be set to charge or storage. Was that your problem?

My issue was that it charged up 2 partially charged batteries no problem. The other two just sat on the yellow light for ever.
Took them off the charger and connected them individually and let them charge. Back onto the charging hub and they both went green.
Bizarre.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for a fully charged P4 battery to discharge to the storage level using the storage switch on the charging hub?

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for a fully charged P4 battery to discharge to the storage level using the storage switch on the charging hub?
It's best to discharge a LiPo slowly so the battery generates the least amount of heat. I think it's a few hours, maybe more, but why do you care? If you're going to store the battery, just stick it in the cradle in storage mode and let it discharge, walk away and check it the next day. If you're in a hurry to discharge, can you explain why?

FYI, you don't have to discharge to travel on planes, I fly all the time with fully charged batteries as carry on. There are no FAA rules that suggest you need to discharge batteries to travel, although logically it's safer.

Also, even if you forget to discharge a battery that you don't use for weeks, the battery will auto discharge all by itself and cause no harm. There is really no need to worry about discharging a fully charged battery.

The best part of the DJI storage mode is that it will charge a battery too. If you run the battery down to 15%, it's not good to store at that level. So if you know you won't be flying for a couple weeks, put them in the charger on storage mode and it will charge the battery up to the appropriate level for storage (about 50-60%).

Reactions: Texacola

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj