Charging batteries

Reaction score
I saw a post about charging the batteries for the p4p. It said that it is recommended to only charge one battery at a time with the stock charger that comes with the drone. Is that right or can I charge the ac and the rc batteries at the same time? The way the charger cord is set up you can plug both in at the same time so why couldn't you charge both. Is the post I read wrong?

It can be done, but not recommended. Best thing is to have a regulated multi-charger or another standalone.

The DJI multi chargers will only charge one battery at a time, starting with the one with the highest charge and working down. They recommend not charging both the RC and P4P batteries at the same time, and but I've done iff with no repercussions (yet...)

The P4 high capacity battery has a charge rating of 100w which coincidentally is the full continuous rating if the P4P charger. Obviously charging the remote and battery at the same time will be loading the power supply to its full capacity and may damage it, particularly in higher ambient temps. Yes you can charge both at once but appreciate you may damage the power supply.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl