Caution: P4 parallel charge board

According to the seller when charging 1 or 2 batteries at the same time blue switch needs to be pushed in . When charging 3 batteries at the same time blue switched should be pushed out . I will test and charge this bat and let you guys know

That's tough to keep note of every time and not make a mistake, also reading the circuit, i would not trust it because of the way its designed using resistors as a load balancer for batteries at different levels.....

Quick update review . Let me know what you think

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mean, it's like $14 ain't it? If it works, it's gotta be worth $14 and I don't agree that, if your doing three batteries remembering to push in button isn't that big a deal, it's just another thing you check before charging any batteries, is the dip switch set? I think it's worth the price, funny because I have exactly 3 batteries...

Of course I like the one Sinsalo has more, seems much better made

Here is a comment from an fb group on the individual multi charger box.....

Using it for 1 month now, and got my batteries into uneven cell voltage ... Had to format them, so I am back to original charger

anyone know if the balancing happens at the charger level or does the internal battery circuit level it before pushing it into the cells,

My understanding is that the smarts are in the batteries.

Last edited:
I mean, it's like $14 ain't it? If it works, it's gotta be worth $14 and I don't agree that, if your doing three batteries remembering to push in button isn't that big a deal, it's just another thing you check before charging any batteries, is the dip switch set? I think it's worth the price, funny because I have exactly 3 batteries...
I just followed the instructions regarding the blue switch and it worked fine. Op on here charged with out instructions and they were having problems . I'll keep you guys posted if I have any problems with it.

I just followed the instructions regarding the blue switch and it worked fine. Op on here charged with out instructions and they were having problems . I'll keep you guys posted if I have any problems with it.
Oh hey, I'm on your side, lol I see how he didn't have the dip set right, but to b fair he did say he don't get any instructions, and cmon, who would have figured that out? It's pushed in for 1 and 2 batteries, but if 3 leave out! Lol that's too hard to figure out on your own, at least with it breaking right away it was, I'd like to have the other one, but I find 24 minutes is plenty of time for me personally, and may still sell the 3rd battery, I've only cycled it once, may let it go for $125 on eBay, it should sell for that, then again, I may introduce it into the lineup, that way I'm never overdoing a battery, and on occasion like a trip, I have an hour and 15 minutes of pure flight, actually, with a few minutes between flights and a car charger, you could make 3 batteries give you a solid hour and 40minutes

Here is a comment from an fb group on the individual multi charger box.....

Using it for 1 month now, and got my batteries into uneven cell voltage ... Had to format them, so I am back to original charger

anyone know if the balancing happens at the charger level or does the internal battery circuit level it before pushing it into the cells,

My understanding is that the smarts are in the batteries.
Wait, you mean the bigger nicer more expensive charger isn't working right? The $60 one? Wow, that's a shame. I thought some guys were saying that one uses diodes vs ceramic to balance thus the latter was better?

I too thought the batteries were the smart things, maybe it's the charger also, there's a bunch of pins, but we know the batteries have firmware and can be updated, never seen the charger have an update .

Oh hey, I'm on your side, lol I see how he didn't have the dip set right, but to b fair he did say he don't get any instructions, and cmon, who would have figured that out? It's pushed in for 1 and 2 batteries, but if 3 leave out! Lol that's too hard to figure out on your own, at least with it breaking right away it was, I'd like to have the other one, but I find 24 minutes is plenty of time for me personally, and may still sell the 3rd battery, I've only cycled it once, may let it go for $125 on eBay, it should sell for that, then again, I may introduce it into the lineup, that way I'm never overdoing a battery, and on occasion like a trip, I have an hour and 15 minutes of pure flight, actually, with a few minutes between flights and a car charger, you could make 3 batteries give you a solid hour and 40minutes
Yeah man that sucks that the op didn't get instructions. Well I hate to say this but thanks to their experiences I was able to figure it out by contacting the seller and demanded a full refund . Because if you go to the earlier posts I was about to brake this thing. Even called it a piece of shhhh.lol. when I contacted seller they then.emailed me the instructions . Also emailed me step by step instructions regarding the charging with 2 vs 3 batteries. I used a similar charger port for my p3 and never had a problem. I just wanted to test this one out and see if it actually worked. It did so I'm happy with my purchase . The 60 dollar one seems a lil pricy and now having issues I'll just stick to this one

Reactions: Sim597
I also just received mine same thing happened to me the resistor over heated and burnt out .I am going to modify mine by taking out the resistors and install 5 amp diodes that will keep each battery independent of each other. Then I will use 17.5 volt switch mode power supply (12 amp total ) 4 amps for each battery
That makes sense. Why anybody would put resistors in there in 2016 is beyond me. Lots of better ways to do that.

I know there is none available now but will DJI produce a multi-charger for the Phantom 4 or are 3rd party chargers what people use?

Seems like a multi-charger should be one of the first accessories available.

According to the seller when charging 1 or 2 batteries at the same time blue switch needs to be pushed in . When charging 3 batteries at the same time blue switched should be pushed out . I will test and charge this bat and let you guys know
I know there is none available now but will DJI produce a multi-charger for the Phantom 4 or are 3rd party chargers what people use?

Seems like a multi-charger should be one of the first accessories available.
I think it's probably a good idea just to buy another charger from DJI. Haven't heard very many good things about the multichargers

Reactions: bigstalks
Well, I think for $15 if it's working for others, I'm going to ask BigStalks in a couple
Months if his batteries are doing fine and if so, I'm buying one

Reactions: bigstalks
Yeah man that sucks that the op didn't get instructions. Well I hate to say this but thanks to their experiences I was able to figure it out by contacting the seller and demanded a full refund . Because if you go to the earlier posts I was about to brake this thing. Even called it a piece of shhhh.lol. when I contacted seller they then.emailed me the instructions . Also emailed me step by step instructions regarding the charging with 2 vs 3 batteries. I used a similar charger port for my p3 and never had a problem. I just wanted to test this one out and see if it actually worked. It did so I'm happy with my purchase . The 60 dollar one seems a lil pricy and now having issues I'll just stick to this one
I know what you said lol, I can follow along just fine :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic