Carrying case for Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
Looking for case for my P3 Standard. Reviews on some models mention that the remote control unit might not fit. Any thoughts/recommendations? Thanks in advance. Tom

Have you got any links to the ones your looking at?

As I fitted a different phone mount (similar to part 45, inspire 1 mount)

I use a Lykus DBP-100U backpack carrying case. Bought it 2 years ago for my P3S. Comfortably carries the drone, at least 2 spare batteries, props and remote. When I upgraded to a P4 advanced, everything fit as well. The best part is the cost is only 79.99 at Amazon. The build quality is excellent.

I use a Lykus DBP-100U backpack carrying case. Bought it 2 years ago for my P3S. Comfortably carries the drone, at least 2 spare batteries, props and remote. When I upgraded to a P4 advanced, everything fit as well. The best part is the cost is only 79.99 at Amazon. The build quality is excellent.
Just looked at the Lykus and it will fit what I have. Thanks Camera King!

Reactions: Turboshed
Just got my case and the transmitter doesn’t fit right either. The phone holder is different it’s hooked to the silver handle on back and it shows the phone holder needs a phone holder on the front

Just got my case and the transmitter doesn’t fit right either. The phone holder is different it’s hooked to the silver handle on back and it shows the phone holder needs a phone holder on the front
Thanks Airskull. Picked up the Lykus backpack.

Now that you have bought one, this is probably a mute point. But, I had the same problem with mine and a standard hardshell backpack type case. With the phone mount on the unit, it would not fit. However I got a aluminum mount because the plastic on broke. and I discovered, if you slightly loosen the mounting bracket screw where it attaches to the silver handle stand on the back, but leave it tight enough to support the phone bracket while in use, you can actually turn it and fold it up under the metal bar and it will fit right into the case.

Now that you have bought one, this is probably a mute point. But, I had the same problem with mine and a standard hardshell backpack type case. With the phone mount on the unit, it would not fit. However I got a aluminum mount because the plastic on broke. and I discovered, if you slightly loosen the mounting bracket screw where it attaches to the silver handle stand on the back, but leave it tight enough to support the phone bracket while in use, you can actually turn it and fold it up under the metal bar and it will fit right into the case.
I just received the Lykus DBP-100U and all of my gear for in perfectly. Thanks for the feedback Psmith221.

Just looked at the Lykus and it will fit what I have. Thanks Camera King!
Just received the Lykus DBP-100U and all of my gear for in perfectly. Thanks so much Camera King for your suggestion.

Reactions: Camera King
I bought a case just like the one shown from Amazon above. Got it on Ebay. When I purchased it, I knew that my 3 4k transmitter would not fit. No sweat. Take one of the razor type cutting tools you get at, like, Home Depot. The kind that slide a blade out so you can break off the dull part when it gets dull. Just slide the blade as far out as needed to vertically SLICE the foam's compartment inner wall. Then, since the long blade won't fit sideways...... Use a razor blade on the horizontal at the bottom of the compartment to complete the cut. It's so easy, even a cave man...... Doh! o_O

Reactions: tomkuhn1

Attachments

• IMG_1137.JPG
    IMG_1137.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 167

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member