Card Reader On Phantom Vision 2

Reaction score
Can any body tell me if they have had troble getting the Micro card to stay in the Camera? When i go to put mine in its a real pain. It doesnt lock in. I have to fool with it for a while to get it to lock in place. Has allways been a bear sense i got the Phantom. Anybody else having this issue? and does anybody know a fix for it?

yesss have tried three differnt cards all the same....you shove the card in the slot and it wont lock...you have to play with it a bit to make it stay in...im stumped.

Well let me stump ya some more bro !! My 200 busted so I went ahead and took it all apart and it's in layers . The top one has the card holder which the ribbon is connected to . I really don't see just what could be causing your proplem .Not doubting you ...just don't see what could fix it :confused:
sd card holder.jpg

After messing with this just now the only thing I see would be if you could maybe slip a little
blade in through the back and maybe push up on it to sorta close it up some might help it .
BUT I AM not telling you to try it just what I am seeing with it in my hand .Maybe that little piece
ya see on the right of it is the problem I dono .That board is upside down from the way I took it out .
Hope this shows ya what ya dealing with bro :)

And just so ya know ..If you go into this thing and mess up that ribbon .won't be good :(

I have the same issue, card will not lock into the reader, just pops back out, i took a piece of small plastic and wedged the card into the reader and I just leave it there. I transfer everything wireless and format the card to erase it. The only other options are to buy a new camera (from what I have been told because they dont sell the reader or the board it is on), or open up the camera and manually lock it into place and just leave it in and not take it out. It is a pain in the butt. I am going to try and lock an extension cable in the place of the card reader and have the actual sd card slot on the outside of the camera someplace.

That's a good fix and a new camera is around $500.00 I think [half the cost of a P3 almost ]
From really looking in it I just don't see how ya can do anything with it o_O
Good luck :)

I looked around for several days, reached out to people online, through repair centers, and members on this forum, there doesn't seem to be a good fix. If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can rig something that goes on the outside of the camera, I'm thinking a larger size SD card, not the micro SD, if it will work, not sure. Experiment is the game, engineering / building something that works, out of necessity is better than buying a solution, in many cases. If my fix / mod for this issue works, I will post it online.

Me not good with one or I would see what I could do but this is what ya messing with and I just can't see that good anymore !
1.jpg

2.jpg

sorry for the bad phone pictures but ya get the idea !

yup, that's the culprit. You can remove the card reader cover with a little persuasion, and a soldering iron, exposing the pins inside. Then you can get a cable online, (let you know which one soon), solder it in and have an external SD card slot that is better built, should work fine since nothing on these is environmentally shielded anyway.

yup, that's the culprit. You can remove the card reader cover with a little persuasion, and a soldering iron, exposing the pins inside. Then you can get a cable online, (let you know which one soon), solder it in and have an external SD card slot that is better built, should work fine since nothing on these is environmentally shielded anyway.
Good luck with dude !! :)

Wow lots to think about here...Thank you about all for trying to figure this out for me.. But im stumped.
I guess i will just keep playing with the thing when i take the card out to make it stay.. Such a small problem but what a pain....thanks again guys , if you hear of any other fixes drop me a line....o_O

Wow lots to think about here...Thank you about all for trying to figure this out for me.. But im stumped.
I guess i will just keep playing with the thing when i take the card out to make it stay.. Such a small problem but what a pain....thanks again guys , if you hear of any other fixes drop me a line....o_O
Roger that ! ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj