Carbon fiber propellers

My DJI carbon props, with yellow marks, are horrible. I have checked for balance as good as I could, but vibrations are still terrible. The gimbal even started twisting.

best regards,

I ordered some just to see for myself. I got the non-DJI ones from here: New 4pcs Carbon Fiber 9450 Self Tightening Propeller Prop CW CCW Propellers for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter dji phantom 3-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

One pair was balanced but the other 3 weren't even close. After balancing I tested over several flights and couldn't notice a difference for sure. I did have slightly less distance when I did a pair of identical distance flights right after each other. My conclusion is that they are a negative since it would much rather be cut by the normal ones than these if there was some kind of accident.

The distance flights were:
  • 100% -> 25% battery, 16,500' with CF
  • 100% -> 28% battery, 16,800' with normal
2% less distance using 3% more battery - not sure if that is truly significant but didn't bother to do the comparison more than once.

Hey folks just bought 2 sets of the black and white carbon fiber propellers direct from DJI. Any thoughts on these as I am now hearing and seeing mixed reviews on them.
I received them and did several informal "tests" regarding performance...
The P3pro definitely appears more stable when hovering... when I have the time, I'll do a split screen video comparison... carbon vs plastic. I will say they are indeed more fragile... just clipped some twigs and one of the props broke off at the hub. There are claims about less noise? If that's true, it's barely discernible. There is more to test and learn about regarding the 9450 DJI Carbon Fiber Reinforced Rotors....

I received them and did several informal "tests" regarding performance...
The P3pro definitely appears more stable when hovering... when I have the time, I'll do a split screen video comparison... carbon vs plastic. I will say they are indeed more fragile... just clipped some twigs and one of the props broke off at the hub. There are claims about less noise? If that's true, it's barely discernible. There is more to test and learn about regarding the 9450 DJI Carbon Fiber Reinforced Rotors....

Thanks for the review, keep us posted

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl