Carbon fiber propellers

Reaction score
Hey folks just bought 2 sets of the black and white carbon fiber propellers direct from DJI. Any thoughts on these as I am now hearing and seeing mixed reviews on them.

Don't use them. You gain nothing and can lose quite a bit (literally).

I bought a set too but they haven't shipped yet. I'm nervous to even try them now

@bbfpv, that sounds rather ominous, care to explain?
Yes. You can chop off your finger or a small child's ear. Tests have shown there are no performance advantages to the CF props over the plastic ones, so other than looking neato, they're not worth it. in my opinion, anyway.

I got a set too. Don't really notice any difference but I just bought them for the color!

Hey Guys I need some recommendation on prop.
Whats the best carbon fiber propellers for the P3P?

I've run my for the past 20 or so flights. They look great and are very stiff. Absolutely no issues with them. Had to balance mine though.

Most suggest using only the official DJI carbon fiber reinforced props due to the fact that they were designed for the P3 and the composite hub. Some of the pure CF props have aluminum hubs. I have a set of these as well and honestly I can tighten them down enough that they are just as difficult to remove as the composite hub DJI blades. I don't fly with the pure CF blades as the DJI CF reinforced suit my needs.

Might as well go with DJI brand. However, as mentioned time and time again (even by DJI) CF props are no better then the stock props. P3 will fly exactly the same.

Flight time is my concern because I was going to add some acc that will add weight so I was thinking carbon fiber blades are more efficient

I like mine. Looks cool although no noticeable performance or increases in flight time in my opinion. The blades are stiffer than the other DJI 9450 props.

I've not really noticed any difference between the stock White ones and the new carbon fiber ones the only difference I can see is the carbon fiber are more stiff but there was no real difference in flight that I noticed

I'm wondering if the stiffness would send the energy back into the shell adding the potential for stress cracks. In other words - if the white are more flexible and the pilot accelerates the drone quickly, does that cause the blade to flex and absorb the energy rather than the shell arms? Any thoughts on this?

Good question Kranmac,
Can the pilots with the crack shell issue give some thoughts

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl