Carbon Fiber blades

Some people think they give better performance.

Others that have used them say there's no difference in handling, climbing, or payload capacity.

The blades are much sharper and have the potential to injure you or others seriously.

And if they hit ANYTHING they will shatter.

if you read the post on CF props most say you lose performance , don't waste your money. Do a search on these props on this forum.

What do you have against the DJI props. ? They're the most efficient , have less vibration , if you wanted a higher performing quad you got the wrong one.

shane_hood said:
any one running them
are there any?
flight time difference etc?

Firstly, I do not claim to be an authority on props, aerodynamics, flight characteristics etc. This is my own personal opinion:

I use ARRIS 9443 solid CF NON self-tightening props. My personal opinion is that they provide smoother hovering and control is a little more responsive but can be 'twitchy'. As for extending the flight times? I can't say I have really noticed but having a slightly greater lift capacity than the DJI props, they may give you another minute or two in the air. Having said that however, they must be properly balanced on a prop balancer to minimize any vibration, they are very rigid and can cause serious injury to anyone who comes in contact with them and they are very unforgiving if they strike a solid object. They tend to shatter or snap off completely, whereas the plastic DJI props are softer & can survive an impact.
It is also worth noting that a lot of fake CF props are being sold on ebay etc. These are merely nylon props coated in CF resin. You can tell because the tips of the props bend, solid CF do not flex at all.
At the end of the day, it is all about personal choice, most people prefer to stay with the original DJI props, they are much cheaper and do what they were designed to do....

Attachments

• 20140602_114110.jpg
    20140602_114110.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 260

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj