Carbon Color Phantom 3

I wonder if there is any actual weight savings. For that money, you would think that would be the first thing they talked about. My guess, all hype. It's carbon color, black. It's not carbon fiber.

Looks good!

They have a reasonably priced package with a case, too.

Nice find!

They did the same thing with the P2. It is hydro dipped and clear coated.

Reactions: Julius717
BEat me too it

Definitely hydro dipped

I don't want my phantom looking like 3DRs Solo drone :eek:

I'd like it better flat black instead of glossy....guess I'll have to paint it as soon as replacement shells are available.
so much easier to see in the bright sky...and looks less like a toy imo

Btw the color is the least of the visual differences with the 3dr......that thing just looks ugly to me....

Reactions: saltire
I'd like it better flat black instead of glossy....guess I'll have to paint it as soon as replacement shells are available.

Btw the color is the least of the visual differences with the 3dr......that thing just looks ugly to me....
Got to agree black is much easier to see from a distance .

Reactions: louforgiveno
My p2v
20150405_182212.jpg

As hot as it gets here in Bakersfield, Ca. I would worry about how hot the bird would get.

For me the solo it's beautiful and one step ahead of the p3.

Who would have ever guessed???
And a bit of a stretch to describe something that's still in development, untested and months away from release as a step ahead.

Agreed.

Comparing a P3 to a SOLO is like comparing a bird in the hand to... well, a hand.

The SOLO after all is just a quad. A part fails, you crash.

I truly hope the the SOLO (or 3DR) is disruptive to the industry and keeps the tinker-ers happy with modularity, expansion, and open-source s/w.

With the P3's furthered integration, and SDKs, it looks like the app. guys can have fun, the photogs will have a great RTF tool, and the tinker-ers will have a little less room to play.

Probably what GhostMaster was saying too!

The p3 it's not a quad? The solo has good points and the p3 has too, if you want the cheaper price go for the p3.
If you want to do things you can't do before without 2 pilots go for the Solo, replacing parts is possible with the solo, the p3 is a big pcb, if a ESC burn you need to get a new pcb which might not be cheap.

But like I said they both look good products, just to different people.

The p3 it's not a quad? The solo has good points and the p3 has too, if you want the cheaper price go for the p3.
If you want to do things you can't do before without 2 pilots go for the Solo, replacing parts is possible with the solo, the p3 is a big pcb, if a ESC burn you need to get a new pcb which might not be cheap.

But like I said they both look good products, just to different people.

Yes it is.

My point that they're both quads was a bit disguised.

They both have the same, low, fault tolerance may be more to the point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic