Car charges is 17.5 volts instead of 17.4 V

Reaction score
Hey folks, my third party car charger its output is 17.5 volts and on the battery it states that the max charge voltage should be 17.4
The charger won't charge my battery in a car, even when the car is turned off. Is there a way I can make it still work without having to buy a new charger.
Thomas ;)

Hey folks, my third party car charger its output is 17.5 volts and on the battery it states that the max charge voltage should be 17.4
The charger won't charge my battery in a car, even when the car is turned off. Is there a way I can make it still work without having to buy a new charger.
Thomas ;)
1st: you have to turn the car ON in many modern vehicles so the accessory plug will work.
2nd: do not worry about 0.1 volts
3rd: the car charger should have a connect light, does it come on when you plug it in?
4th: C'mon man... this ain't rocket science ok?

Thomas ;)
OK me has a cheap car charger,17.5 works just fine,nothing to worrie about,,,it just charges normal...this so cheap it might be 4th party
15601120402801317928705.jpg

Reactions: Harleydude
1st: you have to turn the car ON in many modern vehicles so the accessory plug will work.
2nd: do not worry about 0.1 volts
3rd: the car charger should have a connect light, does it come on when you plug it in?
4th: C'mon man... this ain't rocket science ok?
The car is on and it has a light. The battery is simply flickering four times green and red a the same time. This means that the voltage imput is too high. I have even tried charging it with a boat

The rating is just print on the label. What counts is what the actual voltage is being delivered to the battery.
Did you try it on more than one battery? If so, I'm guessing that the charger may be putting out more than it's rating.

See your other thread on this.

• Haha
Reactions: Liteweight
Thomas ;)
I bought this so I can use a laptop in my car and plug in the DJI 110V charger.
GIANDEL 300Watt Pure Sine Wave... Amazon.com: 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter with 4.8A Dual USB Car Adapter with LED Display: Car Electronics

Reactions: ThomaHolthuis

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31