Canyon Flying

Reaction score
I want to take some photos in a canyon that is close to 800ft deep. I will be on top and wanted to use the Litchi waypoints. Since i will be on top and the home point will be set before i take of, can you set the way points with a negative elevation? Any thing else i might need to pay attention too?

I want to take some photos in a canyon that is close to 800ft deep. I will be on top and wanted to use the Litchi waypoints. Since i will be on top and the home point will be set before i take of, can you set the way points with a negative elevation? Any thing else i might need to pay attention too?
LItchi does go negative on elevation, I can't remember how much though. I think it's several hundred feet.

Well, I went for it. The Litchi app only lets you set way points to a minus 650'. So I flew it manually. I was able to drop it to the bottom of the canyon at a minus 950' and about 4500 ft away with still a strong signal. But I was on top of the rim and a straight line of sight the whole time. Took some videos but definitely need to work on my photographic skills. It was washed out. Needs ND8 filter. I was going to upload the shot but this site doesn't seem to like mp4. Bummer.

Attachments

• Parker Canyon Panorama.jpg
    Parker Canyon Panorama.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 417
Reactions: Hella.Stoked
Ah, ok I'll try that. Parker Canyon is about 13 miles north of Roosevelt Lake, just off HWY 288 on the way to Young, Arizona. Try this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Beautiful!! Do you have something to post process? It appears to need only slight adjustments for brightness and color. Also when using auto exposure setting the picture will show the changes during playback at times. I only use manual for that reason. If a turn ends up too fast, edit that clip to a slower speed. These are tips from an amateur so take them with a grain of salt, or whiskey. I envy your video, location, location, location. I'm trying to learn manual flying using all three axis while running camera tilt around structures, but have no access to anything like your spot. Where can we see more of your work?

Thanks for the compliment. I'm a noob so just getting started. Thanks for the hints on exposures and editing. I need to learn more about editing videos after the fact. I'll get there. Arizona is not the desert waste land I think some easterners might envision. It's a beautiful area with 12,000 ft mountains and ski resorts and awesome deserts and sand dune and everything in between. Love this place. I'll post more as I continue to learn. In the mean time, check out my wife's website at www.arizonadirtroads.com .

Will be filming with son (Inspire) along my P4 in Oct. on top of mountain outside of Boulder City. How far is this place from there?

I found it, too far for this trip, but its on my list. We plan to spend the night on this peak to get evening and morning video (Inspire - P4). He shot a video there good while back with P2 and I've wanted to do this ever since. But only the mountains have color, blah compared to your location. The scene with bench near the end is where I want to set up for camp. I did the editing, cutting out getting mooned by the kids on bicycles.

I found it, too far for this trip, but its on my list. We plan to spend the night on this peak to get evening and morning video (Inspire - P4). He shot a video there good while back with P2 and I've wanted to do this ever since. But only the mountains have color, blah compared to your location. The scene with bench near the end is where I want to set up for camp. I did the editing, cutting out getting mooned by the kids on bicycles.
Very cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers