Cant get camera tilt to work

Reaction score
Everything is up and running well,. 2 nice flights today and everything seemed to work as it should. I get nice videos and they do record and FPV works, but some reason I cannot use the arrows to tilt the camera. Nothing happens. It doesn't work when I switch it to the mode where I tilt my phone either. I checked the settings in DJI assistant and everything is at default. Any ideas? I got it yesterday and flew it twice today. camera filmed but wouldn't tilt. I didn't have a rough landing or anything like that.

Check and see if the gimbal is on in the naza software on the computer

If it's in phantom mode then likely the gimbal motor is dead

Yea it says the gimble is on when I go to settings and click gimble in the assistant. I dont have Naza mode turned on. Everything is default for now. If the motor is bad will I need to send it back?

Also the light on the back of the camera goes from solid green to blinking yellow when the camera connects to my phone and I have the app running

also it shows 0 s ttelites on 0%battery in the top right of camera app but im connected to the camera and Phantom is blinking green. I got it yesterday and flew it twice today but the tilt wouldn't work then either.

I went on the assistant and changed the position of the camera slightly off of what the default settings are. It did move the camera to a higher position where I set it but when I powered back up and tried to use the tilt it still didnt work. It did hold the new position I set it too though.

Check the plug into the Camera....it provides power to the servo as well.
You should hear a noticeable " CLICK" when plugging the cable into the camera.

///CAUTION///.......DONOT PLUG OR UNPLUG WHILE THE VISION IS POWERED ON !!!

Tried the app and unplugging it. Still nada. When I power on the vision the camera does move to the settings I have it on but no tilt when I am filming.

Hi

their is a 4 plug cable on top of the camera, it controls the tilt function, you will need to remove the 4 rubber plugs and let the camera drop a little to see if its secure.

Also use the Phantom app to see your version of the camera firmware, it may be on 1.17, it should be on 1.19 (think that's the right number) you can download the firmware update from DJI.com

I did the app reset and nothing. Whats more alarming is that in the camera view in the right hand corner it shows I am connected and that the wifi extender is working but it says0% battery and 0 sattelites. It flies fine though and the led lights on Phantom are blinking green as they are supposed to when in GPS mode.

0% on both the battery and satellites isnt good, there is something wrong and i wouldnt even consider flying it until it is sorted out.

Im sure i had this once when i hadnt plugged in the white cable fully.

did you check the camera firmware version as i suggsested.

crash1sttime said:
0% on both the battery and satellites isnt good, there is something wrong and i wouldnt even consider flying it until it is sorted out.

Im sure i had this once when i hadnt plugged in the white cable fully.

did you check the camera firmware version as i suggsested.
how do I check the firmware update for the camera itself? I downloaded the latest version of the dji phantom vision assistant v 3.6, phantom rc assistan 1.2, and the windows driver.all wiring seems good to go.

thanks for your patience btw lol.

also I reinstalled the app and got a green on camera connected but it says no wifi connected even though I am connected to the phantomxxxx wifi on my phone.

crash1sttime said:
the firmware for the camera is on the same page as the other downloads

its called Phantom 2 Vision FC200 Firmware v1.1.9 click on this link and scroll down
Sweet I'll try it after work. Thought I did it already but maybe not. There is no download icon next to it for some reason. Only the zip file. I'll let u know tonight! This is killing me lol!

you just click the zip icon and it will download, its easy to do, just stick it on the sd card and boot the phantom up, wait till the light on the camera goes from yellow back to green then power cycle the phantom, the filename will change to .BAK or something like that, there is a readme.txt in the zip

crash1sttime said:
you just click the zip icon and it will download, its easy to do, just stick it on the sd card and boot the phantom up, wait till the light on the camera goes from yellow back to green then power cycle the phantom, the filename will change to .BAK or something like that, there is a readme.txt in the zip
Ok so save fc400 to sd card and then pop it in camera and power cycle? Do I need to be plugged into the pc in phantom assistant? Ima try and find a video. Fingers crossed! Should it be a different sd card or is the one that came with it ok? I do have a couple vids on there.

Yep found a video. I will give it a shot when I get off. thanks!

should the phantom be plugged into the computer during the process? When he is in the app and presses format should the sd card still be in the camera and THEN removed and placed in the computer?

did the update and confirmed on the app that it is the latest version of the camera firmware. Still a no go on the tilt, sattelite icon or battery %

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl