Can't figure out how to connect DJI Vision

Reaction score
Hi,
Here's the situation...
I have the Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Friend of mine crashed it a few times... and now he asked me to fix it up a little and sell it. The camera and gimbal were broken so I sold those far parts.. I replaced the body and now selling the drone + controller on eBay.
My kid and I tested flying it and it flew great so I thought we were good to go. However, I totally forgot about the app side of things (viewing flight info on the phone).
So, a potential buyer is asking about that... asking if that info is functional. So I downloaded DJI Vision, fired up the drone and the Wifi range extender. A DJI Wifi hotspot appears on my phone. I connect to it. Open the DJI Vision app then click on the Camera icon (even though we don't have a camera on the drone) and this is where I get stuck...
In the app it says "wifi disconnected", "phantom connection broken".
It seems to me that I'm connecting to the wifi range extender, but maybe it itself is not connected to the drone? I don't know. I have tried googling this, but all I see are instructions to connect the wifi extender to the camera. I can't imagine the camera is required to see altitude, etc... but I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.
Also, I don't have the original phantom box, so I don't have a QR code.

I just wanted to be able to confirm to a potential buyer that this side of things is functional. Am I missing something obvious? Or just out of luck since I don't have the QR code or the camera?

Thanks!

Hi,
Here's the situation...
I have the Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Friend of mine crashed it a few times... and now he asked me to fix it up a little and sell it. The camera and gimbal were broken so I sold those far parts.. I replaced the body and now selling the drone + controller on eBay.
My kid and I tested flying it and it flew great so I thought we were good to go. However, I totally forgot about the app side of things (viewing flight info on the phone).
So, a potential buyer is asking about that... asking if that info is functional. So I downloaded DJI Vision, fired up the drone and the Wifi range extender. A DJI Wifi hotspot appears on my phone. I connect to it. Open the DJI Vision app then click on the Camera icon (even though we don't have a camera on the drone) and this is where I get stuck...
In the app it says "wifi disconnected", "phantom connection broken".
It seems to me that I'm connecting to the wifi range extender, but maybe it itself is not connected to the drone? I don't know. I have tried googling this, but all I see are instructions to connect the wifi extender to the camera. I can't imagine the camera is required to see altitude, etc... but I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.
Also, I don't have the original phantom box, so I don't have a QR code.

I just wanted to be able to confirm to a potential buyer that this side of things is functional. Am I missing something obvious? Or just out of luck since I don't have the QR code or the camera?

Thanks!
Since you removed the camera and gimbal you wont get that information unless you rewire the wifi unit, plenty of posts on how to do that. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Since you removed the camera and gimbal you wont get that information unless you rewire the wifi unit, plenty of posts on how to do that. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ah, OK. So it wasn't just me after all. That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav