Cant download Litchi onto my new FIRE tablet

Reaction score
I just got the fire 8 and I am trying to download the Litchi and the Dji Go apps but they will not download.
It says they are already installed (but they're not) and when I click on the drop down menu, it shows the devices I previously
had the app installed on.
Has anyone else had this problem? The fire 8 is supposedly compatible , but who knows...
Any help appreciated
THANKS

app.jpg

Last edited:
Just from what I have seen, fire tablets are notoriously bad for use with the Phantom. Being compatible is one thing, actually functioning is something else. I would try another device first and foremost. Can't really say why there are so many issues with those personally. That has nothing to do with the download issue, just a word to think about.

Reactions: Billy Banana
I got it!
If you watch this video and follow the step by step instructions it will work. Because the Fire HD does not have the google play store, you need to sideload it onto the tablet then you can download the dji or litchi apps

you need to sideload it onto the tablet then you can download the dji or litchi apps
Good luck my friend. Hope it works out for you. Our statements have already been made in that regard.

ok it feels like its literally blowing at 40 knots, but I decided to try everything out anyway. I kept it low to the ground for a 5 min test, it was tough with the wind but everything worked just fine. I was using the Go app. I then tried the litchi app and that worked well too. Seems like the fire tablet is good once you're able to get everything loaded.

So the last 2 days I have done some short 14-15 minute flights and I can't tell but maybe the tablet isn't fast enough? I'm am not getting a real time view of what the drone sees. It is delayed and it sometimes stops. I feel like this may be more of a wifi issue than a tablet issue but I will check further.

So the last 2 days I have done some short 14-15 minute flights and I can't tell but maybe the tablet isn't fast enough? I'm am not getting a real time view of what the drone sees. It is delayed and it sometimes stops. I feel like this may be more of a wifi issue than a tablet issue but I will check further.
I'm thinking of getting a £70 octa core tablet with a 10" screen from aliexpress. All their phones I had from there work flawlessly with DJI GO and litchi and the specs are the same as the tablet. I will review that once I ordered one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak