Can't connect p3p to app

Reaction score
Hi,

I know there's so many other topics covering this exact issue and im pretty sure I've read them all but so far, none of them have helped me fix the issue.

To give you a bit of background, my phantom is rarely used and has always worked fine as far as I can remember. It hasn't been used since last summer. It has been stored in my house in its case since.

Recently, I've decided to use it again and for some reason it will not connect to the app. I've tried everything. Different devices, different cables, different firmware, different apps, reconnecting the transmitter but nothing has helped me so far.

Im convinced it must be some kind of hardware issue but I thought I would try get some help before either sending it to dji or giving up on it entirely.

Im grateful for any help.

Thanks

Hi,

I know there's so many other topics covering this exact issue and im pretty sure I've read them all but so far, none of them have helped me fix the issue.

To give you a bit of background, my phantom is rarely used and has always worked fine as far as I can remember. It hasn't been used since last summer. It has been stored in my house in its case since.

Recently, I've decided to use it again and for some reason it will not connect to the app. I've tried everything. Different devices, different cables, different firmware, different apps, reconnecting the transmitter but nothing has helped me so far.

Im convinced it must be some kind of hardware issue but I thought I would try get some help before either sending it to dji or giving up on it entirely.

Im grateful for any help.

Thanks
What colour your lights,got green all over,remote light colour,gimble light colour and link button colour,,,have you tried relinking

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
As Ian asks ... we need info.

Please describe sequence of start up you use.... ie Tablet powered up to its desktop, Controller on next, AC on next, Tablet cable plugged in when Controller shows Green LED etc.
What lights you see and this is important ... timing and count sequence of lights ... that's not only the large arm LED's but also the little Link ... Gimbal ... and Controller lights.

We also need to know what the GO screen shows or allows you.

Did you do any update when you brought it out from storage ? Are the batterys all charged up fully ?

Have you checked you are still registered activated with DJI via Go ?

I realise the above list is a lot - BUT without such info - we will be scrabbling in the dark ... and to be honest there are people who would just jump in with suggestions without sufficient info ... wasting their and your time.

It really is worth taking time over start up and noting all - so you can tell us and we might be able to suggest a fix or at least point you in right direction.

Nigel

There's a few things I'll have to check when im home, but to answer a few of the questions. Lights are all green. I have tried relinking. I didn't immediately update firmware but when I realised there was a problem, I then updated. Turned out I had the latest version anyway. The go screen shows the how to connect button.

The one thing I haven't done is checked that I am still registered as activated. How do I do that?

Should be still ok,this my p4 pic but you should have aswell,click on me and sign out and log back in,its good you got green,still thinking on this but check device default apps and usb configuration if possible,,have you tried to arm and start it without the app,that will tell that it's working ok and it's to do with device or app settings,,hope this help a bit,just trying to make me brain click,
Screenshot_20180821-192835.jpg
Screenshot_20180821-192812.jpg

Forgot to add try a manual relink,even though you got green light
Screenshot_20180125-121239.jpg

There's a few things I'll have to check when im home, but to answer a few of the questions. Lights are all green. I have tried relinking. I didn't immediately update firmware but when I realised there was a problem, I then updated. Turned out I had the latest version anyway. The go screen shows the how to connect button.

The one thing I haven't done is checked that I am still registered as activated. How do I do that?

OK if you have all Green .... then have you tried starting up in the sequence I gave ?

For some reason if you have GO started and then connect cable - quite often ... in fact on mine - it will only go to How to Connect ... it will not connect fully.
If I close GO ... and then pull and then plug in cable again ... the box comes up asking if I want GO ... I say yes ... all is fine then.

Try it ... see what happens ...

Nigel

Just to detail start up better :

Recc'd is ...

1. Power up tablet but do not connect cable. Leave on desktop screen ... do not start GO or Litchi
2. Power on Controller
3. Power on AC and wait for green LED on Controller
4. Plug in tablet - which should if all good ask if you want to start GO ... tap yes (I prefer to tap ONLY ONCE button as I also use Litchi at times).

Nigel

Thanks for the replies. I did the log out and back in thing. I've read elsewhere that I should of prompted me to register if I wasn't already registered but I got no messages.

As for the manual relinking, I've tried that.

USB options in android settings are all correct as fair ad I can tell and I've tried them all just to be on the safe side.

As for the start up sequence I know mine used to be funny so I've tried all the different ways. I will however try the step by step instructions you've given me again just to be sure.

For some reason later APP or maybe its the Android ... I am not sure ... but having Go started before connecting cable always fails for me and I end up with greyed out camera button or how to connect.

Try the start up sequence as I put above ... making sure Go is not started ... Litchi is just the same ... and that they only come up as prompts to start when you connect cable as the last item in sequence.

If that does not work ... then I suggest uninstall GO ... restart tablet ... download fresh copy and install again ...

The start up sequence as I listed still applies.

Nigel

Tried the start up sequence tonight with no luck. Light on the transmitter is green. Light on the gimbal is green. Two front arm lights are solid red (is that normal? Can't remember) and back two lights are flashing green.

Tried the start up sequence tonight with no luck. Light on the transmitter is green. Light on the gimbal is green. Two front arm lights are solid red (is that normal? Can't remember) and back two lights are flashing green.
2 fron5 are just lights the rear is the ones that say what going and you flashing green which is good,,you say you check usb settings,what's yours set at,,some I just read were set for charging,,still searching,I post if I find definate fix
Screenshot_20180823-083735.jpg

I honestly think I have some kinda hardware issue. USB settings have been set in all different ways but is currently set to midi I think.

If there was an hardware issues, would this be shown in the lights?

I honestly think I have some kinda hardware issue. USB settings have been set in all different ways but is currently set to midi I think.

If there was an hardware issues, would this be shown in the lights?
Yes you would think there be some indercation from the lights,you got all green which to me is ready to go so still stratching me head,,you say you tried these with no change,MTP is my normal setting (media transfer protocol I think it stand for,,I just say this because after one update I did my device would not conect until I figure this part out,,have to ask when first turn on does drone do proper light sequence for initiation ,red yellow green red yellow green and then go normal to green flash or yellow if no gps avaliable
Screenshot_20180823-180618.jpg
Screenshot_20180823-180715.jpg
y

Yeah, Ive even tried it on 3 other devices. All android. I'll take a look at the start up light sequence shortly and let you know what I find.

I know the usb port hasn't gone bad because it starts to charge my tablet.

Frustrating

Think I may of found the problem. When I attach the usb cable to the transmitter, in my phone settings it show 'no USB device connected' even though it does charge. If I check this when I connect my phone to my TV, it recognises that the USB has been connected

Um sounds like it working ok just have a conection issue,man I been searching all over da place,here's one of many I find,
Screenshot_20180823-184132.jpg
,Um I read this post 10 times to make something click,,I was going to say delete and reinstall app,not sure if you try this or not,,,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl