Can't believe that these Solo guys give us a hard time

Reaction score
Do you know that not one Solo has shipped yet. And when they do it will be without a gimbal. Production problems.

There's a bunch of people that have them already...none with gimbal though.

I'll probably get a SOLO to use as a Car Club unit...since everyone had a GoPro and it'd click into the gimbal.

Meh, my P3P I'd a blast to fly and I'll enjoy it just as much. My dad is getting one for father's day :)

Reactions: Hovtech
Do you know that not one Solo has shipped yet. And when they do it will be without a gimbal. Production problems.

You are obviously misinformed. Gimbal is delayed is all. The Solo shipped ON TIME.

Reactions: dirkclod
Losing too many sales to DJI-- they had to get it on the street. Premature?

Well, the same can be said about the Phantom, because of the battery and prop shortages. Those who have bought the vastly improved Phantom 3 have had to jump over hoops just to get spares for those two basic item. Premature roll out and for sure they were in a contest with Solo.

I guess that is the way the system is supposed to work-- the first one out wins and wins big with regard to this evolving technology.

You are obviously misinformed. Gimbal is delayed is all. The Solo shipped ON TIME.

First of all, not everyone has received their Solo and some are being told July delivery. Not good. Now the gimbal issue. There was obviously a problem with the gimbal performance and I give props to 3DR for fixing it before shipping even if it causes this big delay.
Now is the Solo better than P3? Not in every aspect, but most. But it should be, it's $6-700 more. I can almost buy my P3A for that, but not quite. So it should be better. I still don't know where you can have so much fun for $999, OK I do know 1place.

Do you know that not one Solo has shipped yet. .

My point is that was an incorrect statement.

I am one that is STILL waiting for a Solo and I ordered it in April. So am not totally against what you are saying. Just that your statement was wrong.

I think there are many things that the P3 does better. Its actually a better machine for my needs. I just think Wang at DJI is an idiot and for now refuse to buy another DJI. That said, wait a week and I might change my mind.

So not arguing. All I am saying is that not only one, but dozens of Solos have in fact shipped.

My point is that was an incorrect statement.

I am one that is STILL waiting for a Solo and I ordered it in April. So am not totally against what you are saying. Just that your statement was wrong.

I think there are many things that the P3 does better. Its actually a better machine for my needs. I just think Wang at DJI is an idiot and for now refuse to buy another DJI. That said, wait a week and I might change my mind.

So not arguing. All I am saying is that not only one, but dozens of Solos have in fact shipped.
Been watching your comments on the forums can't wait for you to get your solo as you do seem like you'll give it a fair review.

I check the 3DR pilots forum to see if I'm missing anything but it seems there's not much to talk about, extremely slow right now.

I personally think Colin sounds more like a **** than Wang but I don't have much knowledge to base it on so it wouldn't sway me one way or the other.

To me the simplicity of the P3 trumps the Solo plus all the other benefits.

Been watching your comments on the forums can't wait for you to get your solo as you do seem like you'll give it a fair review.

I check the 3DR pilots forum to see if I'm missing anything but it seems there's not much to talk about, extremely slow right now.

I personally think Colin sounds more like a **** than Wang but I don't have much knowledge to base it on so it wouldn't sway me one way or the other.

To me the simplicity of the P3 trumps the Solo plus all the other benefits.

Thanks I look forward to getting it.

I don't think Colin is a ****. I just think he is a typical sales guy and 90% hot air. I really don't believe much he says. Wang is an arrogant *** who treats his people poorly but has built an empire on a really cool innovative product.

If DJI had better customer support I would have been all over a new P3 already. My current V+ has been awesome.

You are correct about the Solo forums being slow and to be honest its mostly anticipation talk trying to figure stuff out as 3DR sucks at communication which leaves us to guess about a lot of stuff.

Been reading the Solo forum and my heart goes out to those Solo owners. It's one disastrous flight story after another. Never like to hear fellow pilots are experiencing such bad performance.

Been reading the Solo forum and my heart goes out to those Solo owners. It's one disastrous flight story after another. Never like to hear fellow pilots are experiencing such bad performance.
Sure does seem like its bordering on a cluster f... I think it's to the point where if I had one I'd be using the 30 day return even if it worked perfectly and keeping my money until the gimbal was available and I knew it worked. They might get gimbals before the Solo^2 arrives. Or I'd just by and fly a Phantom.

Agree though I really wish them well and hope they achieve happiness that rivals the fanboism that some of them have.

I'm absolutely loving my P3. I'd be willing to try the Solo in the future.
Good guck dealing with DJI and the bad customer support. Be Careful with the Firmware updates. If it works fine, don’t upgrade it. I did and it messed up the VPS on my phantom. DJI says I have to send it in to fix the issue. They made the bad firmware so I think they should send me a temp P3P. They are just so bad at CS and now Im wishing I went with the 3D robotics Solo.
Get off your butt DJI and learn to treat customers right.

Good guck dealing with DJI and the bad customer support. Be Careful with the Firmware updates. If it works fine, don’t upgrade it. I did and it messed up the VPS on my phantom. DJI says I have to send it in to fix the issue. They made the bad firmware so I think they should send me a temp P3P. They are just so bad at CS and now Im wishing I went with the 3D robotics Solo.
Get off your butt DJI and learn to treat customers right.
You know when you copy paste your response in multiple threads your fanboism shines right through, keep up the good fight sir. o_O

Why all the bashing either product as to be honest I have had a P1, P2 a P3 Pro and I will most likely get the Solo as it has a lot of potential.

You get a few insanely brand loyal people on every forum just ignore it and enjoy the technology and the opportunities they allow to create interesting media.

I wish them all the best and hope they become quite a force to be reckoned with; because competition will keep prices down, and innovation high, and that's a great thing for all of us.

Haven't had anything other than successful flights with my SOLO. But hey thanks for the heats that are going out to me?lol!
The solo flies while the p3a is in need of a recharge.
And the solo app works with my android tablet! More than I can say about the DJI app..... ;)
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If GoPro ever comes out with a camera with a decent flat lens, I would be interested in a Solo, but not before. A nice 75mm equivalent would have me sold in a heartbeat.

If 3DR really wants to show they can do something no one else can, they could build a gimbal and interface for the Sony RX100m4 and we could have 720p 960fps or 4K60 and a top quality lens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.