Cannout break factory lens loose!

a pair of rubber gloves and be gentle

Reactions: Daasmangi
If you are grabbing the front part only, there is a visible seam, and it won't break loose, then I would recommend a series of light taps on just the front part of the lens, where the filter is. Use something like a wood dowel or something else that is not that hard. Just enough to possible break it loose. If that won't work you might try putting ice on joint line, just long enough to attempt to shrink it, not long enough to let water get on it. Probably try it with ice wrapped in a paper towel.

if that wont' work, and rubber gloves can't break it, then it might be time to call DJI and see able a return, sadly.

Paul C

Maybe something like one of those rubber wrenches to remove and oil filter

Had a spare camera bracket (from a drowned P4P shown). I cut it behind the line. Put it on the new P4P and holding it tightly in place with my left hand I twisted! Popped loose with little effort!

Attachments

• 20180708_151451[1].jpg
    20180708_151451[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 440
Had a spare camera bracket (from a drowned P4P shown). I cut it behind the line. Put it on the new P4P and holding it tightly in place with my left hand I twisted! Popped loose with little effort!
Wow great idea

Haha had the same problems thought I had bought the wrong lenses. I thought maybe they’d slip on like the Mavic Pro ones. Until i googled it... then with a little more effort it came off.

I don't think you should use the word break... But seriously... if you use a wrench like some have recommended, make sure to do it as far forward as you can. Otherwise as you squeeze, you are causing more friction on the threads. Best of luck.

Reactions: thatsanicepicture
The secret is to not to squeeze hard when turning. Try wrapping a rubber band around it for grip but again, don’t squeeze too hard.
That is definitely the secret, don't squeeze too hard.

Reactions: thatsanicepicture
Have a new P4 Pro. Want to put lens filters on but cannot break the factory lens loose! Videos show simply unscrewing it. No way!
I have had this problem as well a fellow pilot showed me a little trick. You grab the lens cap as if you are unscrewing it but let it slide between your thumb and fingers causing friction just keep doing this it will slowly heat up allowing it to turn. Good luck

More friction for twisting and less squeezing usually works. That's were rubber gloves come in. Another approach I would try (it works on other similar problems related to unscrewing caps) is to find a way to gently heat the factory lens ring so that it expands while cooling the camera.

In line with above have a look at:-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
and a variation is
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

note twisting; not squeezing.

Have a new P4 Pro. Want to put lens filters on but cannot break the factory lens loose! Videos show simply unscrewing it. No way!
Put a rubber around it and then unscrew. Before this, I even used pillars, I was so frustrated. The rubber band even worked after the pillars graced it. The band applies pressure over the the whole circumference whereas fingers (and pillars!!!) Sometimes have the effect of distorting the lens ring due to opposing pressure points. Good luck, happy flying

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
I had the same problem. The secret is in very gentle touch the ring maybe only with two fingers, similar as you touch the small peace of paper. And eureka here it goes.
The ring is very thin and compresses very easily. Using even a small force it will tighten around the camera thread.
So this is rather paradoxical situation - less force, a touch even with only two fingers, and turn it around in cc direction. You will never get it apart if you use any force.
If you previously deform the ring by squeezing it, then you might have a problem.

Same problem here. I used a hairdryer to heat up the lens, then used an elastic rubber band wrapped around the front edge, not the back and it came loose, heads up be careful treading on the new filter, as the treaty’s are soft and very fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic