Canadian Pilots

Welcome to the forum, and Phantom 3 family. There are actually a bunch of us in Edmonton Alberta on this and the other main @dji forum, bud. Not hard to give a shout out. ;-) Like you did. Ha
I have found the best places to fly are the refineries off 17st, City Hall, art gallery, the main Police station, the courthouse, all around the legislative buildings and of course inside West Edmonton Mall. ;-)
Hahaha no not really. That's where I would like to fly.though.
But the city is landscaped with beauty, especially the parks and river valley. I have flown down at Hawrelak park, no one has ever said boo, as well, near Muttart Conservatory, and the Museum of Archives is pretty awesome with that large hill behind that leads down to the river.

Smith Crossing is beautiful anytime of year. That land was donated by the McTaggart family. You know, the folks who own McLabb Enterprises? Their house sits on ten acres and over looks Storyland Valley Zoo, from the Southside of the river. England's Royal Family stay there when ever they are in town. The family lives in Switzerland 8 months of the year.
And you can also get some great footage around the Telus World of Science/Planetarium. Just watch out for the tall radio antenna. ;-)

We are blessed here with rich scenery, and awesome open spaces to enjoy our hobby.

RedHotPoker
Thanks for the warm welcome! haha Yeah, I might try some areas but do I need to bring some documents like permissions before flying? I have the p3p though.

No, nothing. Have a Smile. Bring cheer. One area I really like, the new park, down in front of the Shaw Conference Centre. Go to the very East of the parking lot and walk in. Check out the Pagodas and other interesting buildings. There is a walking bridge that crosses the river over to the South Side where the paddle wheeler steam ship docks. You can get some great video of the awesome river valley from there.
I plan on getting some footage of our city giant Christmas Tree at Churchhill Square.
Storyland Valley Zoo would be awesome. Elk Island Park. ;-)

Missed you on Sunday, we will fly again, on the twentieth.
PM details.

RedHotPoker

No, nothing. Have a Smile. Bring cheer. One area I really like, the new park, down in front of the Shaw Conference Centre. Go to the very East of the parking lot and walk in. Check out the Pagodas and other interesting buildings. There is a walking bridge that crosses the river over to the South Side where the paddle wheeler steam ship docks. You can get some great video of the awesome river valley from there.
I plan on getting some footage of our city giant Christmas Tree at Churchhill Square.
Storyland Valley Zoo would be awesome. Elk Island Park. ;-)

Missed you on Sunday, we will fly again, on the twentieth.
PM details.

RedHotPoker

That's awesome! Thank you for the tips and infos! I was able to get some footage of the downtown and buildings yesterday and I am so happy with it! Wish I could get some footage above those buildings. lol

Hope it's okay to post here, otherwise please let me know. :)

Here it is!

Hi, I'm new to the site and to drones in general. I'm from Yorkton Sk and I had a quick question

I have the Phantom 4 and an iPad mini 2. I was curious of anyone has used any FPV goggles like the Fat Shark brand? If you use FPV googles, can I get rid go my iPad mini 2, or will i still need the iPad to input changes to my settings, or can I make those changes through the FPV googles too? Has anyone ad any experience with these?

That's awesome! Thank you for the tips and infos! I was able to get some footage of the downtown and buildings yesterday and I am so happy with it! Wish I could get some footage above those buildings. lol

Hope it's okay to post here, otherwise please let me know. :)

Here it is!
Hi, sorry I hadn't responded sooner, but I never got notification of your post. Anyway, the video was awesome and you are having fun. Hope to see you flying at ERCHA some weekend. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues