Can you use a P2 charger on a P3 battery?

Reaction score
The prongs fit with the P2 charger.
Has anyone tried charging using the p2 charger?

No you cannot, different voltage.

It can't be used and won't kill the battery... as the adaptors are different and the P2 charger won't fit on a P3 battery.
Yes it will. P2 fits on a P3 battery. I just tried. It's the other way around. P3 charge plug won't fit on P2 battery.

Good thing, since the 4.8 volt higher output of the P3 charger would probably destroy a P2 battery, or at least its internal charge circuits. Could even be dangerous.

You are right that the P2 charger is unlikely to do any damage to a P3 battery. Its output is about 2.6 volts lower than the P3 battery's rated 15.2 V. Without a discharge capability in the P2 power supply/charger, I don't see how it could hurt a P3 battery. It just won't do any charging.

The charging phase is when the most LiPo 'accidents' occur.
This is not the place to be trying to use mis-matched equipment.

I imagine the question was more academic than not.

Reactions: snowghost
I have both chargers. I do understand voltages and amps. My concern was that getting them mixed up as I have the 2 chargers sitting next each other. Its so easy to mistaken.
I thought DJI would have thought this one through...

Yes it will. P2 fits on a P3 battery. I just tried. It's the other way around. P3 charge plug won't fit on P2 battery.
Yup. Sorry, I posted that backwards. Higher volt charger won't fit lower cell battery but lower volt charger will fit higher cell batter so as you mentioned, it should be okay.

I have the new P3 Charger that charged a P2 battery in about 40 mins. Battery reached full charge and it did not get hot,

Stock P3 charger wil not fit into a P2 battery. Well, maybe with a hammer and some effort.
uploadfromtaptalk1446569420800.jpg

Mine does

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

thanks. Had it for much longer then my phantom but it doesn't fly as well

Last edited:
Not worth trying.

Ok I can't get any more definitive then this. My P2 charger is on the bottom, my P3 charger with support for charging the remote in the middle and the new 100 watt charger bought today from Best Buy and labelled "P3 100 watt charger" on top.
All, I repeat All fit on my P2 batteries. I am not saying that they should be used to charge P2 batteries. I did use the one in the middle and it seamed to charger P2 battery from 25% to full in about 40 mins.
If the charger is a " dumb charger" and the battery has the regulator in it
1. Why would a slightly higher Volt or amp hurt
2. Does a 100 watt P3 charger charge the battery faster then the 57 watt?

Oh BTW the newer 100 watt charger has that flimsy pronge cover on it versus the middle one which has the swivel cap that's similar to the P2 cover

20e2486aef9d85895edfa6a9bc7bfecb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcampen

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic