Can you avoid updating firmware forever?

Reaction score
I remember going to a DJI store and an employee of DJI actually said that updating firmware is the biggest risk to a drone so try to avoid it.

I remember I did for the longest time, then one day, the drone wouldn't take off unless I updated it. I don't know if it was a fluke but can you really just avoid updating firmware?

In theory, yes. The occasion that you mentioned is probably when dji had to make people do a mandatory update for a software fault which was causing an incorrect home point to be created, which was causing flyaways.

I remember going to a DJI store and an employee of DJI actually said that updating firmware is the biggest risk to a drone so try to avoid it.
If he actually said that, he was misinformed and adding to the irrational fear of updating firmware.
The number of users flying happily on current firmware is an indication that he was wrong.
Flying close to trees and other obstacles or flying high downwind are much bigger risks.

Reactions: With The Birds
can you really just avoid updating firmware?
You can until DJI pushes a mandatory update. They don't do that often though. And, if they do, it'll most likely be an update everyone should really install anyhow.

Why is it that some of us have problems with firmware downloads and some don’t? Does anyone have an answer for that

Why is it that some of us have problems with firmware downloads and some don’t?
There are many points of failure in the update process. We'd see less user-related failures being reported if everyone followed the update instructions.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT