Can this become serious?

Reaction score
I found these days that part of the plastic cover around the bottom clip of the P4P battery missing.
The clip works as it should at least it seems OK. Can this become an issue?

IMG_6291.jpg

See the marked area.

Reactions: Scott Davis
Wow to me that seems crazy,certainly dont look broken under close up but that's very odd,,you think that would compromise the battery cover strength,,,I would send mr and mrs dji a picture ,
Myself just dont think this is right somehow ,strange one

I found these days that part of the plastic cover around the bottom clip of the P4P battery missing.

View attachment 116611
See the marked area.
I dont like the looks of it maybe get a phantom wetsuit like Ian's got on his for added safety

Time to whip out the duct tape! [emoji16]
Or maybe plastic weld or what not.
It probably isn't anything to worry about, since the clip itself is not harmed, just the pretty little plastic cover.
My question is how did that happen?

View attachment 116611
See the marked area.

Time to whip out the duct tape! [emoji16]
Or maybe plastic weld or what not.
It probably isn't anything to worry about, since the clip itself is not harmed, just the pretty little plastic cover.
My question is how did that happen?

Well, I must say that I don't know how it happend. Some crack probably ant then broke. I tried many times to test the clip and seems well. The pressure on the clip doesn't depend on that part solely. The whole cover do that.
But maybe the reason is in my system of placing batteries in - i push them pretty fast so it clips loud. This can makes cracks. But placing batteries that way ensures that they sit well on both sides.

I have a phantom pro v2 also and noticed on all 3 batteries that on the side of the batteries cases are stress cracks around the small screws area, mine are only 1 year old with about 40 flights on each. I was wondering if this was the reason why some of the drones I see on hear have stress cracks around the motors. I’ve been inspecting my drone every time because I’ve seen this on some of the comments on here. Makes you wonder if there should be better quality of plastic they should use .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20