Can my phone run tracking in litchi?

Reaction score
So I was gonna try and get litchi but it says you need a high quality phone to use tracking, will my galaxy j7 crown work? It has 1.6ghz octa-core processor and 2 GB ram.

So I was gonna try and get litchi but it says you need a high quality phone to use tracking, will my galaxy j7 crown work? It has 1.6ghz octa-core processor and 2 GB ram.
That is a very under powered phone.
If there are high compute requirements it is unlikely it will meet them, regardless of which model of drone you have.

That is a very under powered phone.
If there are high compute requirements it is unlikely it will meet them, regardless of which model of drone you have.
That's what I was afraid of. I wish they had a free trial..... I'm not sure if I should still get for the waypoints or not.

I don’t think it’s your phone or the drone. I think it is more how Litchi tracks. Not sure about Android but on iOS Litchi uses computer vision to track - you draw a box around the object and it is supposed to track it. I have used Litchi on my iPhone with my P3S and Spark and it often looses track. I have found this feature of Litchi to be unreliable.

On the other hand, I have used AutoPilot on my P3S and it has been super reliable tracking me walking or biking on treed trails or on my snowmobile. It used the GPS of my iPhone to track and it has been 100% reliable. Unfortunately, Autopilot is no longer being developed or supported.

Chris

Reactions: quadrotor
I don’t think it’s your phone or the drone. I think it is more how Litchi tracks. Not sure about Android but on iOS Litchi uses computer vision to track - you draw a box around the object and it is supposed to track it. I have used Litchi on my iPhone with my P3S and Spark and it often looses track. I have found this feature of Litchi to be unreliable.

On the other hand, I have used AutoPilot on my P3S and it has been super reliable tracking me walking or biking on treed trails or on my snowmobile. It used the GPS of my iPhone to track and it has been 100% reliable. Unfortunately, Autopilot is no longer being developed or supported.

Chris
Yeah I think you're right, trying to decide if I should get it anyway. Anyone want too share litchi with google play family sharing so I can try it b4 buying it?

Yeah I think you're right, trying to decide if I should get it anyway. Anyone want too share litchi with google play family sharing so I can try it b4 buying it?
I use the iOS version with my P3S 95% of the time. I prefer it to the GO app. It adds so many more features like Waypoints, orbits, panos, etc that are not available with DJI GO. For features like tracking that Litchi doesn’t do well, I use other control apps like Autopilot mentioned above. It was definitely worth it for me.

Chris

I agree wholeheartedly with Chrislaf, as much as I like and use Litchi, tracking is not one of its good/great features/functions. Litchi in opinion is a must for me as a relatively new pilot with a P3S/iPhone6 set-up. The more I use Litchi the more I discover the power of its other functions, but it is not the answer to all automated missions. For example some on this forum recommend to use Litchi for mapping, but I find it not nearly as effective os MapPilot or DroneDeploy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers