Can I use an upgraded p2 transmitter with my Phantom 1 (v1.2)

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new around here and like most people I'm sure, I've joined because I'm having an issue.

I recently purchased this transmitter because I fried my old one (http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-c...76062&sr=8-1&keywords=dji+phantom+transmitter) and it says in the description that it is compatible with the Phantom 1. It turns out they sent me the upgraded phantom 2 controller with the gimbal control wheel on the top left. The new controller is a 2.4ghz, same as the old stock controller, yet I can't get it to bind to the Rx. Is it simply not compatible or am I missing something?

Thanks for any and all help,

Hey ceebee, Welcome to the party.

Does your bird have a little red light inside? It would be easier to see if the battery was outside when powering it up. Maybe there is a button on the board for binding a transmitter?

I seem to remember folks talking about something like that recently.

Here is the best way I know of to search within our forum, enter your text in the box in the middle of the page, not at the top. The link is worth hanging on to.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Smarter folks will probably be by soon enough. :D

Hey ceebee, Welcome to the party.

Does your bird have a little red light inside? It would be easier to see if the battery was outside when powering it up. Maybe there is a button on the board for binding a transmitter?

I seem to remember folks talking about something like that recently.

Here is the best way I know of to search within our forum, enter your text in the box in the middle of the page, not at the top. The link is worth hanging on to.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Smarter folks will probably be by soon enough. :D

Hey There!

It does have the red light inside. I've opened up the copter, pressed the little button that is supposed to link the TX, it starts blinking, I pull the throttle stick all the way down, then turn on the Tx and nothing happens.

I found those instructions from the DJI wiki page so hopefully they're correct.

Hey There!

It does have the red light inside. I've opened up the copter, pressed the little button that is supposed to link the TX, it starts blinking, I pull the throttle stick all the way down, then turn on the Tx and nothing happens.

I found those instructions from the DJI wiki page so hopefully they're correct.

Cool, now you know more than me. I hope you've removed the props... :eek: just in case it starts working.

Cool, now you know more than me. I hope you've removed the props... :eek: just in case it starts working.

Haha of course! I've had this bad boy for a long while. Finally decided to add the gimbal pitch control lever, and what do you know, I fried my dang TX. Bought this new one and its being a pain in the A to get it to work. I'm not even sure if you can still purchase the stock P1 Tx anymore. I hope so, just in case i cant get this one to work.

Thanks for the quick replies btw. Hoping someone who has solved this issue shows up!

Try that google custom search link I sent, maybe...

Good luck and you are welcome.

After searching around it appears I have two options.. either return the transmitter and replace it with an SR6 transmitter, or buy a new D-BUS receiver to match the new receiver.

If there are any other available options please let me know

According to the link you provided at Amazon, you ordered the correct controller. Now you find you need the SR6 instead of the DJ6?

Have you done your binding like this?

According to the link you provided at Amazon, you ordered the correct controller. Now you find you need the SR6 instead of the DJ6?

Have you done your binding like this?
I have tried that. I posted the steps I took in an earlier reply but essentially they are the steps in the DJI manual. After further researching I came upon the conclusion that I need either a new receiver, or a different tx. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I have tried that. I posted the steps I took in an earlier reply but essentially they are the steps in the DJI manual. After further researching I came upon the conclusion that I need either a new receiver, or a different tx. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Looks to me like you've done what you can, I'm just shooting in the dark now. Apparently not all P1's are created equal and your new controller will work with some, but not all. At least that's what I've heard.

Looks to me like you've done what you can, I'm just shooting in the dark now. Apparently not all P1's are created equal and your new controller will work with some, but not all. At least that's what I've heard.
From what I've read some p1 have the dual antenna, while mine has a single antenna. I think that's where this issue is happening. (ppm vs d-bus style RX/TX) I can upgrade to the dual and the new tx should work otherwise I think I'm SOL. Fingers crossed something else comes up

From what I've read some p1 have the dual antenna, while mine has a single antenna. I think that's where this issue is happening. (ppm vs d-bus style RX/TX) I can upgrade to the dual and the new tx should work otherwise I think I'm SOL. Fingers crossed something else comes up
I've got a similar issue...I'm using the original Phantom 1 receiver for a F550 and a Quanum Venture-both of these rigs use Naza V2 systems, and both receivers are bound to the same transmitter (the same one that came with my Phantom 1). Now I want to buy two more of the same receivers (this is the one that's got a very small board, only one antenna, and the number "1306" right below the bind button. I don't need another radio, just two more receivers.

Just found some on Ebay..bought 3 of them for about $7.00 each. Free shipping. We'll see how this all works out!

Link please.............. :):):):)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20