Can I fly my Phantom 4 in Italy. Do I have to register it there. i am registered in Canada and the U.S.

Google is your friend... helpful! :confused: Rarely can you find local bylaws and it is best to get in touch with a pilot in the area for the lowdown. Italy is just like registering separately in the US and Canada, but there is always the possibility that they would accept another certification. There again find another pilot to chat with.

Haha, Google is your friend! Maybe as a translator...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191124-072335.png
    Screenshot_20191124-072335.png
    592 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Google is your friend... helpful!

Google certainly is - and top of the pile of Google search results is this one, which seems pretty helpful to me.

What you pasted is the regulation for flying a drone of 25kg mass and above and although I might be wrong, I think it's pretty unlikely that the OP will be doing that... :)

Yep, that is exactly where I got to the documentation from, but if you had that link why wouldn't you just share it? If you thought it had correct and relevant information. People come to these forums assuming that someone else might already be familiar or know the answer. It's called community. Your answer was more akin to an IT tech telling you to reboot your computer when you had probably already done so. I am part of several forums including moderation of some of them on behalf of the companies and see way too many wastes of posts basically saying, find it yourself.

Either way as far as I can tell since I didn't realize I was in the wrong section that I don't see where it does require a bird under 25kg to be "registered" like we do in the US? It mentions plates which if you are not required a formal registration is what exactly? There's allot of legalize that cross-references several other articles so it became kind of hard to pinpoint. Most people, myself included, are not going to want to sift through this bureaucratic garbage - as I said before join a forum and ask hopefully intelligent questions.

Good luck @Man with Drone!

Yep, that is exactly where I got to the documentation from, but if you had that link why wouldn't you just share it? If you thought it had correct and relevant information. People come to these forums assuming that someone else might already be familiar or know the answer. It's called community. Your answer was more akin to an IT tech telling you to reboot your computer when you had probably already done so. I am part of several forums including moderation of some of them on behalf of the companies and see way too many wastes of posts basically saying, find it yourself.

Either way as far as I can tell since I didn't realize I was in the wrong section that I don't see where it does require a bird under 25kg to be "registered" like we do in the US? It mentions plates which if you are not required a formal registration is what exactly? There's allot of legalize that cross-references several other articles so it became kind of hard to pinpoint. Most people, myself included, are not going to want to sift through this bureaucratic garbage - as I said before join a forum and ask hopefully intelligent questions.

Good luck @Man with Drone!
Some good points there and some not so good...

Did you look at the other results that the Google search brought up below the first? Hmm.... I thought not... That's why I linked to the search and not just one specific link, or a long list of links, as there were many useful results.

No matter what you may think, sometimes, for a question as generic and general as the OP's, a Google search is often the best way to find information quickly. Having got as much as you can from Google results, you can then consult such oracles as are here - or even use the search engine here if you still have more specific questions. It saves a lot of people wasting a lot of time running through all the same old jaded answers to the same simple jaded old questions.

Finally, please get down off your high horse. If we all wanted a preacher we'd have signed up to the church... :)

Thanks, too, for realising that the answer that you supplied was not really relevant, so I suppose that means 'not useful'...

Matter closed as far as I am concerned....

Last edited:
Reactions: chascoadmin
Next time i'll message privately. Apologies for hijacking the post. My point is to provide helpful answers. not goose-chases.
There will be no next time...You have already messaged me - although I didn't ask you to..

Just in case you haven't taken it on board, I'm now publicly telling you to desist messaging me.

Thanks.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Want to fly in Italy, outside of cities in the country.

I was just in Tuscany a weeks ago. No issues in the countryside; cities, over people, near monuments are out of bounds. Hobbyist rules are similar to the US, professionals need insurance and to register with the Italian authorities. Rules can be found here:

I had no issues getting through customs, just the usual requirements (you have to bring it as a carryon, etc).

Have fun.

@bhartwell fantastic resource, thanks for sharing!

@Man with Drone he got to it first, but typically rules are very similar to the US, basically be courteous, don't fly over people or public tourist destinations. Check out that resource, some of it gets very repetitive to what I'm sure you already know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.