can I auto take off indoors?

Reaction score
was just wondering if I can do the auto take off when I'm playing indoors ticket to a 4 t height. Thanks

You can. I've done it a couple times in my living room.

Thanks. Sorry for the swypos. Was using my phone to fly and it got hot and the swype got messy.

I think the manual didn't recommend auto take off . any risk in doing that?

Always risky flying in the house. I think it was intended to fly indoors in gyms, stadiums and larger locations than a house. Not much interest in doing videos of furniture. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: isopro
Here is a tricky one now, I initiate a flight indoor(with out GPS signal) and to make it fancy and make it fly outdoor from there..
does the GPS signal picks up as the plane goes outdoor?
How about the stability of the plane with vision positioning system active at that time?

Yes it does. Your vps is what helps you fly indoors and gps/vps is outdoors. Your gps will automatically pick up when outside. If you notice while indoors, before a take off it will sit there and go in and out of gps mode. Also assuming that you have a P3A/ P3P

Reactions: Gurmeet
I don't see why people risk their expensive camera and gimbal to fly in their living room. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It doesn't take much of a screw up to have the quad hit something and crash and screw up your gimbal. I can see if you want to fly in a big warehouse, but why risk it in your living room. Go fly outside like you are supposed to, and buy a $50 quad to fly indoors.

Reactions: Gurmeet and bbfpv
You have a point there. But after watching various videos of indoor flying in confined spaces, I decided I was up to the task. That being said, I have no desire to do it again.

My experience was different. Decided to test the new firmware.. Indoors was the only option. It was great!! So great that by the end I was just auto taking off and landing and doing fast back forward flights!

When do you turn VPS on/off? before you take off? mid -flight?

I don't think matters. But I was asking is what do you want to turn it off?

I don't see why people risk their expensive camera and gimbal to fly in their living room. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It doesn't take much of a screw up to have the quad hit something and crash and screw up your gimbal. I can see if you want to fly in a big warehouse, but why risk it in your living room. Go fly outside like you are supposed to, and buy a $50 quad to fly indoors.
I flew my syma X5C into my brand new 4k TV. It left a big mark on the screen. I though i messed it up but then it wiped right off. Never again will i fly indoors lol

I don't think matters. But I was asking is what do you want to turn it off?

Don't want to turn it off, but was curious as to, if you turn it on/off mid-flight, if it would affect flight.
I think I will just leave it (on) and not mess with it.
I always fly outdoors anyways, like an earlier post stacking clips flying indoors of my furniture is a lot less interesting than whats outside ha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic