Can anyone help me with a rc signal lost problem on p3s

Have you mod'ed antennas or using stock?

1 app this was happening before I modes that's why I moded. Still happening
The joys of wifi my p34k sad aswell done argtec upgrade,done nothing ,got cracks now ,(orniment) got plugs on right way in remote,could try switching them ,was areial upgrade or whole kit with gain panels ,bit of a $$$ game ,some p3s go incredible and some just should have stayed at factory,got sic of wifi issues and bit the bullet with p4

Those aerial upgrades are very directional how far can you go laterally - I mean distance out at a lower altitude?

Maybe we are all pushing the boundary of p3s 4k some with results and some not. I get 560m out which is beyond LOS and legal limit before it misses me and RTH. That's with the little parabolic thingy on standard aerial with trees in the way at 30m altitude rural area no other household WiFi about (sept mine) I think it would go further at higher altitude too.

Reactions: codydoerfler
I get about 30m altitude and 40m distance. Today the signal was lost right in front of me and the controller stopped working too

I get about 30m altitude and 40m distance. Today the signal was lost right in front of me and the controller stopped working too

Out of box - I had that at times. I used to land and restart ...

My average was about 150m to 200m Control but video was so unreliable it could be 5cms or 500m.

Windsurfer + Icarus gave me over 500m ... out to 600m often with reasonable video.

Later mods - if you follow my YT channel ... solentlifeuk .... shows me getting 4835m ..... with a P3S

Nigel

Must be something wrong with my controller

Funny you should say....

Bought a used controller from a member here who lost his drone a while back. Got it this week and it looked brand new. My objective was to modify it so I opened up the back to remove the existing uplink/downlink wires. Before I even got started I noticed the uplink wire was barely connected to the controller. Only the silicone was keeping it in place and, I suppose, providing enough stability to get at least some connection. Once I removed the silicone the cable just fell of the controller connection. Both the u.fl connection on the cable and controller were fine. My replacement cable snapped in place and even before applying hot glue, was quite secure. Going from bad to worst, When I started to remove the silicone from one of the downlink connections I noticed the same problem. I believe this controller came this way right from DJI. It just looked like sloppy work to me. Got to wonder about all these P3S problems people here report and if they have the misfortune of getting one of these sloppy controllers.

Reactions: miskairal
Overall it appears the quality at DJI is inconsistent. I've had nothing but good experiences with mine. I did install a DBS mod on a spare (new) controller. Those connections were solid. But I can understand how they could have been installed loosely. My original controller worked fine and the windsurfer seemed to help.

Bigworm I've tested a few standards here and can say all of them have surpassed DJI's max. distance.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm located in the US and the video doesn't work for me.. gives me this...
This video contains content from UMPG Publishing, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.