Can’t set home point

Reaction score
Hi fellow pilots, l have a P3P which I bought 2 yrs ago and due to various commitments never got airborne until 2 weeks ago so it is brand new. The first flight went perfectly apart from me forgetting to press record! I have flown it several more times with no problems except I can’t seem to set the home point. I get the girl saying home point is updated and the aircraft icon agrees with the map picture, but when I try to set home point in the menu it says not sucessfully recorded, also the home point button on the screen is not lit up and at the bottom in the flight distance box it shows home point not available. I have full bars on the satellites window and a good signal on my ipad from a gps status app. So what am I doing wrong as I am concerned that I may flying without RTH fully operational, or at least to where I took off from.

I can’t seem to set the home point.
You don't need to do anything when the Home Point has been set. A screen shot of what you are seeing would help. Unless you are trying to change the home point, dont do anything with any buttons, as long as the takeoff point matches.

Hi fellow pilots, l have a P3P which I bought 2 yrs ago and due to various commitments never got airborne until 2 weeks ago so it is brand new. The first flight went perfectly apart from me forgetting to press record! I have flown it several more times with no problems except I can’t seem to set the home point. I get the girl saying home point is updated and the aircraft icon agrees with the map picture, but when I try to set home point in the menu it says not sucessfully recorded, also the home point button on the screen is not lit up and at the bottom in the flight distance box it shows home point not available. I have full bars on the satellites window and a good signal on my ipad from a gps status app. So what am I doing wrong as I am concerned that I may flying without RTH fully operational, or at least to where I took off from.
The Phantom will record its homepoint as soon as it gets GPS reception without you doing anything.
At that point you hear the confirming message and you should see the Phantom showing a distance from home.
That distance is another confirmation that home has been recorded.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures