Campaign for the replacement of all P3A /Ps with old motors and shells

Why do you keep whining on this forum? No one here is going to give you a new shell or motors.

Keep complaining to DJI and when they have resolved your issue (good luck with that by the way) come back and out us all know how you got on.

Mark.

Well.....i will have a new shell. V1 or 2 i don`t know....but my bird will have a new one, as warranty policy..

Didn`t understand this comment.

Reactions: Mr.Spock
Spock ... have you thought about taking this over the DJI's own forum?
They have real DJI people there that might be able to address your issues.
No-one here is in a position to be able to do anything about it.
Phantom Pilots is totally independent of DJI and their people are rarely seen here these days.

Spock ... have you thought about taking this over the DJI's own forum?
They have real DJI people there that might be able to address your issues.
No-one here is in a position to be able to do anything about it.
Phantom Pilots is totally independent of DJI and their people are rarely seen here these days.
I have buddy. Please read my relevant answers in this thread. This is part of the problem. This is where i begun asking questions on the DJI support Facebook page. I have posted this before but there u go. I will try again though ok. I have also asked in their forum but again they ignored me.

And again thank the PhantomPilots.com forum for been here i have got help and a lot of usefull info here i give you that point there is nothing more this forum can do.

Many thanks
Spock

Attachments

• 1446472741331.jpg
    1446472741331.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 344
You've missed quite a few points, the major one being that in all likelihood, Spock has a reliable, safe Phantom.
Out of the huge amount he's typed, he's never said anything to indicate that it needs to be fixed.

But DJI never said anything to suggest that the new motors are at all related to the problem they had with a small proportion of the shells.
This idea came from forum speculation - not necessarily a good way to get the facts.
The application of logic would suggest that because the majority of shells do not crack, that the motors were not the problem at all and the most logical conclusion is that a percentage of shells were poorly moulded and/or used substandard plastic.
ABS is an ideal material for Phantom shells (as long as there are no defects in the moulding/material) .
It would be ideal for the P4. Look up ABS and learn about its properties.

1 in 3 failures is not a small proportion. It's a huge one.

With so many posts comparing to cars, let me do the same.

If you brought you're shinny new motor and found an incredibly high amount were failing due to chassis cracks would you wait until yours failed before you took it to the dealers or would you want it sorted before it got to that stage? I know I wouldn't be happy playing Russian roulette.

Yes ABS is well up to the job as long as the load bearing calculations for the shell are correct.

It would appear to me that for either cost or weight saving motivators the P3 has been made far to weak.

Cracks after a solid years flying? To me that's fair wear and tear, I can deal with that.

Cracks after a few hours flying? Get real. Clearly a miss-calculation in regards to the strength of the shell.

I wish this stupid thread would just die a natural death.
I'm sick of going over this again and again.
Everything's been said multiple times already.
The repetition makes it seem much more serious than it is.
Look at how much repetition there is in this ridiculous 5 page thread started by an owner that has no problems with a perfectly working P3 but has been scared by other forum posts like this.

But to put things in perspective, 170 members of the DJI forum voted that they have shell cracks.
As has been pointed out, forums tend to attract people with problems and a forum poll is unlikely to get a representative number of non-problem owners voting.
If the number of Phantoms with cracks is 5000, that is still a tiny fraction of the number of Phantoms out there.

DJI acknowledged the problem and provided a replacement option for anyone with a cracking shell.
btw .. having cracks developing is undesirable but it doesn't mean your Phantom is going to fall apart or fall from the sky.

Also meta4 you still haven't said where DJI acknowledge the shell cracking problem - do you know something we don't?

I have read many posts on different forums and noticed that DGI avoids to say that there is a problem as that would make them recall the product. DJI says only few have the problems. For example everyone knew that iOS 9 created an issue for the app but DJI maintained that only few faced the issue. New releases have been issued but there is no direct mention of the fixes.

I love how people just make up stats . 1 in 3 phantoms have failures!! That's comical . This guy lol. Where do you people come from 3d robotics lol!!

It's getting boring now. Read the post you're commenting on. Stats come from official DJI forum.

If you can find any official surveys that contradict this - feel free to post...

As much as I resisted the temptation to reply to this I just couldn't help myself. LOL

It's getting boring now. Read the post you're commenting on. Stats come from official DJI forum.

That's like taking a poll at the doctor's office waiting room as to how many are sick. They aren't there for a party they are there for sickness. Pretty much the same goes with DJI forums and most others. That's a very skewed and unreliable (unless you need to quote those #'s) poll.

I'm all into support this after two months I had to replace my shell manually. Link does not work though.

Polls that only sample a few hundred people are not accurate what so ever. Especially when most people only complain. The thousands and thousands of happy customers are too busy flying to take a poll or survey . Use some common sense . But thank you for the laugh today !!

Reactions: Meta4 and BigAl07
As much as I resisted the temptation to reply to this I just couldn't help myself. LOL

That's like taking a poll at the doctor's office waiting room as to how many are sick. They aren't there for a party they are there for sickness. Pretty much the same goes with DJI forums and most others. That's a very skewed and unreliable (unless you need to quote those #'s) poll.
Exactly !!

Reactions: BigAl07
Hello all DJI paying customers

(Excluding DJI staff police, DJI fun-boys and other vendor affiliated members)

The response to this post by me comes for us DJI Phantom 3 paying customers that like to voice their concerns freely without been bullied or spied on by some people here and in other places that have alternative motives and agendas….........................
Then you should put up your own website, forums or blog. Give 'em hell!! This website wasn't put up for your little vendetta against DJI. You're actually violating forum posting guidelines.......................

3. Do not post libelous remarks or misleading information.

8. Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we determine the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our team may result in immediate suspension of your account.

9. Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.

*** Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes ***

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

*** About the First Amendment and Your "Right to Free Speech"

We believe in the First Amendment of the US Constitution and public freedom of speech. Meanwhile, that right does not infer that others are required to publish your speech. The Phantom Pilots Forum is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by the rules and decisions of our team. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your public right to free speech.
=========================================================

I'm amazed you are still allowed to continue this rant against DJI in these forums. The Admins and Mods have WAY more patience than I do!!!

1 in 3 failures is not a small proportion. It's a huge one.
With so many posts comparing to cars, let me do the same.
If you brought you're shiny new motor and found an incredibly high amount were failing due to chassis cracks would you wait until yours failed before you took it to the dealers or would you want it sorted before it got to that stage? I know I wouldn't be happy playing Russian roulette.
If you can find any official surveys that contradict this - feel free to post...
If you the assumptions you start with are wrong, everything you base them on is going to be wrong.
A 1 in 3 failure rate is huge ... but the Phantom 3 DOES NOT have a 1 in 3 failure rate.
The "poll" you quote has zero validity.
You brought this up earlier in the thread and it this false assumption that makes everything else you write wrong.
It has been explained in many posts, particularly the excellent post #132 by Crispy.
I suggest that you read it .. Campaign for the replacement of all P3A /Ps with old motors and shells | Page 7 | DJI Phantom Forum
Yes ABS is well up to the job as long as the load bearing calculations for the shell are correct.
It would appear to me that for either cost or weight saving motivators the P3 has been made far to weak.
Cracks after a solid years flying? To me that's fair wear and tear, I can deal with that.
Cracks after a few hours flying? Get real. Clearly a miss-calculation in regards to the strength of the shell.
But since the percentage of P3 with this problem is so much smaller than you have assumed and the majority are not showing this problem, it is much more likely that calculations were fine but some slipped through with a bad batch of plastic and/or poor moulding technique left some shells with thin/weak spots.
Also meta4 you still haven't said where DJI acknowledge the shell cracking problem.
DJI have offered a shell replacement for anyone that has the problem.
That's as close to an acknowledgement as you'll get
do you know something we don't?
I have no secret knowledge from DJI - only what I can gather from all the information that is available to everyone else.
On the evidence presented, I suspect that I know quite a bit more than you.
Starting with a few basics like reading and arithmetic.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Again, why does DJI accepts replace a shell with cracks, and insists in install the old one, if it "theoretically" was the cause of the problem, and there is a new better version?

A user on FB, if im not mistaken, confirm that they did that to his P3 last month.

Im curious in now what will they install on mine that is on Germany......
Probably i will fly, new cracks will appear, and i will have to buy the new shell and do the installation myself....

Details.....

A couple of things in the phantom3 pro/adv I've noticed while doing some reading. I have the phantom 3 advance and yep, I crashed it. I went out over the lake I live on, only about 30 feet above the water and strait out. I didn't notice that after I went a ways out that i had rotated it slightly. Keep in mind it was a ways out and starting to get dark. So, i hit reverse thinking it,s coming starit back towards me only for it to be coming back towards shore. It hit a tree brach and crashed into a yard. Again I was only about 30 feet high. i went to retrieve it and noticed it had broken one of the new carbon fiber props. When i got back to my house I saw that the camera gimble had broken off. I have heard from others that have crashed and the gimble broke as well. Not only that but because of the design of the main board, ie cables and cable connectors very close to the skin, means that if you crash you are almost guaranteed to need a main board as well due to any flexing under the stresses of a crash. At first I thought I only needed a new camera. Installed a new one and still wouldn't fly(no signal)...opened up the shell and noticed a cable plug had broken off the board. So now i'm waiting for a new board..Sheesh, I would have thought the main board would have been more isolated/protected in the event of a crash but it's not. Wondering if that's intentional, as the camera and main board are the two most expensive items, both at 400.00 a pop...

Just a tip......... the compass will show you which way your bird is pointing, and the path it's following, relative to the home point. It takes just a quick glance at it to show you if it's pointing forwards, backwards or any position in between. It's a VERY handy tool on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: QaaUz
If you the assumptions you start with are wrong, everything you base them on is going to be wrong.
A 1 in 3 failure rate is huge ... but the Phantom 3 DOES NOT have a 1 in 3 failure rate.
The "poll" you quote has zero validity.
You brought this up earlier in the thread and it this false assumption that makes everything else you write wrong.
It has been explained in many posts, particularly the excellent post #132 by Crispy.
I suggest that you read it .. Campaign for the replacement of all P3A /Ps with old motors and shells | Page 7 | DJI Phantom Forum

But since the percentage of P3 with this problem is so much smaller than you have assumed and the majority are not showing this problem, it is much more likely that calculations were fine but some slipped through with a bad batch of plastic and/or poor moulding technique left some shells with thin/weak spots.

DJI have offered a shell replacement for anyone that has the problem.
That's as close to an acknowledgement as you'll get

I have no secret knowledge from DJI - only what I can gather from all the information that is available to everyone else.
On the evidence presented, I suspect that I know quite a bit more than you.
Starting with a few basics like reading and arithmetic.

Meta4 your inability to articulate your argument without being insulting undermines your credentials. Leave them alone - it's not pretty reading.

My evidence comes not just from this poll but my own personal experience firsthand. You keep speculating to the contrary but you have not backed this up with any firm data. This also undermines you're credentials.

You state the poll I mention has zero validity because of crispys counter but Goodnnuff has also cast doubt over crispy as he has been highly selective in his statement. He has felt the need to only give half of the story to mislead. This undermines his and thus your credentials.

You state that the problem is far smaller than I believe but you have given no unbiased evidence. This would suggest your opinion is speculative and not based on anything apart from your opinion. This undermines your credentials.

You stated in post 93 that DJI acknowledged the chassis crack problem. I've asked you multiple times where but you have chosen to ignore my question. That's your choice but in my opinion it undermines your credentials.

If as you say you base your opinion on the evidence presented its clear this is a huge issue that is discussed daily on multiple forums. It appears to me your are ignoring the traffic shell cracks are generating. This would suggest bias, not very healthy for a moderator and yep - undermines your credentials.

If you have any hard data with contradicts my beliefs I'd be happy to say I'm wrong - maybe we could have a poll on this forum to see how it compares to the one on DJI? Then we can have a clearer understanding of the true magnitude of the concern. That's got to be a good thing, right?

If not delete me from this forum and I'll be gone forever more, only problem is then it would DEFINITELY undermine you're credentials.

I just want DJI to give the best product it can to is customers which requires honest and open dialogue. It's because I love my Phantom when it works that much I hope they take heed.

As for you Sir you may be more knowledgable with regards to this topic but personally I choose wisdom over knowledge all day long! But I agree with you in regards to my arithmetic, it's always been shocking :)

Now how about that poll.............

If we're going to make up stats then my guess is that maybe 1 in 1000 units has a shell cracking issue. I like those odds given I probably have more than a 1 in 100 chance of totaling my P3P at some point in the next year.

If I wanted to eliminate all risk then I would choose a less risky hobby, like stamp collecting :D

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I hear that collecting comic books is freaking Crazy !! They have cool conventions and it's Halloween all year long. And the ladies are definitely freaks in the sheets!! What more could you want guys? Go for it , take your cracked shells and hankies and go cry on aquamans shoulders !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures