Campaign for the replacement of all P3A /Ps with old motors and shells

Groundhog Day. Again.

There was the same issue with the V+ when DJI announced upgrade motors about a year ago. Oh and the same thing when they announced an upgraded wifi unit too. Oh and the same thing when they announced upgraded shielding for the compass units on P2Vs.

I've heard it all before. And probably will about half way through the Phantom 4 life cycle too.

When anyone buys a product, they own that product. They do not own an automatic entitlement to anything else, except that the product performs as advertised. In the case of the shell cracking, well Mr Spocks hasn't yet and so therefore it is performing as advertised. Until it cracks - or rather in the remote event of it cracking, DJI has no case to answer.

In the case of the model having the older motors, you bought that model and accepted delivery. So why would DJI be expected to replace them?

Sounds like the marketing department did a good job on this one.

The motors in this instant are not faulty though, just not the latest model...

Groundhog Day. Again.

There was the same issue with the V+ when DJI announced upgrade motors about a year ago. Oh and the same thing when they announced an upgraded wifi unit too. Oh and the same thing when they announced upgraded shielding for the compass units on P2Vs.

I've heard it all before. And probably will about half way through the Phantom 4 life cycle too.

When anyone buys a product, they own that product. They do not own an automatic entitlement to anything else, except that the product performs as advertised. In the case of the shell cracking, well Mr Spocks hasn't yet and so therefore it is performing as advertised. Until it cracks - or rather in the remote event of it cracking, DJI has no case to answer.

In the case of the model having the older motors, you bought that model and accepted delivery. So why would DJI be expected to replace them?

Sounds like the marketing department did a good job on this one.
None of the previous DJI models you mention had issues with cracks developing.
This gist of this thread, at least as I see it, is not about wanting an "upgraded" motor to replace the stock one, but wanting DJI to recognize there is a problem with some (a limited number?) of the shells and if their new motors was a "fix" to that issue, then they should offer the "fix" to all who purchased before the "fix" was implemented.
Since DJI remains silent on this, nobody really knows why the change was made in motors.
Anecdotal evidence also indicates the shell's design was changed since the initial release, and the new shells appear to be stronger and more reinforced - again adding to the suspicion that DJI is aware of a problem, fixed it, but refuses to address or acknowledge the problem.
IMO, DJI needs to speak about this issue and either deny or validate the problem and reiterate that any failed frame will be replaced by DJI. The fact that they remain quiet while implementing design changes in both the shell and motors just makes this all look suspicious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Spock and QaaUz
IT'S A TOY REMOTE CONTROL. Anybody with any experience in R/C know that they are something you have fun with and throw money at. DJI has done a remarkable job at creating aN entry level hobby toy built especially for people who have no flying experience. You have to keep in mind that this current leap in technology is going to keep improving and sometimes at a very rapid pace. Today's gadgets are outdated tomorrow (or in this case when you bought it)

Do like the people who have been flying remote controls for years.... Fly it and enjoy it. If it brakes, then fix it, buy another or better yet, build your own. That's what people have done for decades.

Remember when flat screen televisions came out and people were paying $10k for the early ones. And they had problem after problem. When companies like Samsung or Panasonic improved their panels they didn't automatically recall all their previous ones. They did help out customers who had legitimate claims (not that there still weren't disgruntled owners out there)

Reactions: bobmyers
right at the start, I would love to post my opinion !!
I agree that they should recall ALL pre-September P3's, it not fair that I could have waited 6 months and got new motors,etc !!
Nobody said about replacing all pre September P3s just make public to their customers the SNs from defective batches they could do this discreetly via the official dealers...

A bit harsh for a moderator don't you think?
If people weren't telling those with concerns that this is all imaginary when a significant amount of anecdotal and real world evidence proves otherwise, the thread may not have gone on for 5 pages.

Spock is like me, the more you tell me that I am wrong or imagining things, the more I will dig in and produce evidence that I am correct or at least not imagining what I'm posting about.

The poll I saw the other day was not the one from the DJI forum - there were more responses to click on such as; "Have cracks and have crashed as a result" and "Have visible cracks but continue to fly without problems," "Have cracks and have repaired them myself," etc.

Again, there is a problem, only a small percentage have experienced it, but nonetheless it is a real problem.
Thats right brother and then the blocking of people's posts on their FB page... there are more complaining that their posts where deleted by DJI and one guy in this forum said he was "threatened by DJI " for posting on FB

Open it and fly it. The odds are that you will not have any issues. If you do, DJI will replace it.
And if it falls on your kid"s head or somebody's head pls tell them u knew about the risk but hey the odds where slim...

I think my wife and daughter should be entitled to new iPhone 6S, provided at no cost from Apple, since we bought the iPhone 6 . . . NOT.

I bought my P3P because it was available, I liked the features and I believed the cash i had was worth the investment at the time. PERIOD.

I bought the Galaxy Note3 when it came out because I liked the features. When Note4 came out, i did not feel it was worth my cash to get rid of my old one (that served my purpose). When Note5 came out, I was ready to spend more cash to get upgraded features.

I spend my cash to get what I want, based on what is available at the time. If I wanted to wait for something better to be available, that is my choice - the same choice we all have. If I want it "now", then I choose to accept what is available "now". That is why we often refer to these major purchases as "pulling the trigger", because once you do, you have committed.

I love my P3P and have no issues to speak of. I would love to have newer and better. Someday I will, when I decide to PAY to upgrade (or somehow this one ends up on the bottom of a lake or lost in the woods and I PAY to buy a newer replacement).
The ask is simple here my friend and is not to get an improved model for free... the ask here is DJI to communicate to their customers or their official dealers of the defective SNs of the batch or batches that came out of the production line with the risk of shell cracking and "new more stable motors" stability=safety not better features. I happen to work in a telecom multinational and i detailed an entire customer journey that we do replacing free of charge defective production batches of smartphones....

I love the old motors. They are quick and more snappy. The new motots are just to cut down in production costs and are not as powerful. I have new shell anf old motors. Dont want to updgrade.
You have any thing to prove that the new motors are just to reduce production costs?

Ok this is indeed a fair comment and i sincerely hope that i am wrong and that u r right cuz i love my bird and what it can do.
Just go fly the thing bro. Each moment has its offering. Even the so called bad ones.
Like all of us, you may have fallen prey to marketing psychology at times, this may be one. There's also that psychological effect social media, forums and the like can have.
General experience hints at you having acquired a piece of equipment with fascinating possibilities, which appears generally to have served very reliably, well.
There's flying, there's photography and cinematography at your disposal. Give one or all a shot, or get shot of it!
If it crashes, remember the joy you have had and is thus part of your life.

Do pre check the craft before all flights and after.
Do check RTH minimum flight height and your flight path and area.
Do progress through the flight modes in time.

Worry is a stimulus to stop, or let go. ...probably something in that direction.

Best wishes

Just go fly the thing bro. Each moment has its offering. Even the so called bad ones.
Like all of us, you may have fallen prey to marketing psychology at times, this may be one. There's also that psychological effect social media, forums and the like can have.
General experience hints at you having acquired a piece of equipment with fascinating possibilities, which appears generally to have served very reliably, well.
There's flying, there's photography and cinematography at your disposal. Give one or all a shot, or get shot of it!
If it crashes, remember the joy you have had and is thus part of your life.

Do pre check the craft before all flights and after.
Do check RTH minimum flight height and your flight path and area.
Do progress through the flight modes in time.

Worry is a stimulus to stop, or let go. ...probably something in that direction.

Best wishes
Well said:)

Thats right brother and then the blocking of people's posts on their FB page... there are more complaining that their posts where deleted by DJI and one guy in this forum said he was "threatened by DJI " for posting on FB
It's obvious something's foul but my last words still stand as do the so called likes I have placed in passing.
This world, fast being deceived into a vast global corporate jail will not offer the integrity you,I,we expect from fellow man and our corporate derivatives.
You must have had an inner movement of reason for having condensed your senses into an expenditure laden decision. If there still appears to be substance to the present situation, then follow that. Should the substance be, I got it for fun, also a reason, then go have fun as long as it will be!

Up to now, lack of integrity falls on a world of deaf ears and blinded eyes. Deeply sorrowful.

And if it falls on your kid"s head or somebody's head pls tell them u knew about the risk but hey the odds where slim...

That's why you should be familiar with things like the Academy of Model Aeronautics National Model Aircraft Safety Code.

The problem, is that most people do follow simple guides that have been put in place long before the famous Phantom.

Simple (and common sense) answer to your question... Don't fly over your kids or other people.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/105.pdf

Reactions: GoodnNuff
None of the previous DJI models you mention had issues with cracks developing.
This gist of this thread, at least as I see it, is not about wanting an "upgraded" motor to replace the stock one, but wanting DJI to recognize there is a problem with some (a limited number?) of the shells and if their new motors was a "fix" to that issue, then they should offer the "fix" to all who purchased before the "fix" was implemented.
Since DJI remains silent on this, nobody really knows why the change was made in motors.
Anecdotal evidence also indicates the shells design was changed since the initial release, and the new shells appear to be stronger and more reinforced - again adding to the suspicion that DJI is aware of a problem, fixed it, but refuses to address or acknowledge the problem.
IMO, DJI needs to speak about this issue and either deny or validate the problem and reiterate that any failed frame will be replaced by DJI. The fact that they remain quit while implementing design changes in both the shell and motors just makes this all look suspicious.

That's not how I read post #1.

Reactions: Meta4
Sigh,
Don't fly over kids heads. Simple. Whether you have cracks, potential for cracks, or are flying the new indestructible Phantom IV - don't fly over kids heads.
You've made your point, don't let your personal drama distract from it.

That's not how I read post #1.
This line from the OP's initial post made me interpret it the way I did:

Why can't we have replacemnts of our "old" (anythibg bought before September sometime) P3A/Ps is the shells are cracking (known issue to DJI for some time now) and our motors are less stable?

Which I read as: If DJI has fixed the issue by replacing motors, why can't we have the fix as well? Why do we have to wait until the damage is done to have it fixed?

<Shrugs shoulders> We all see things according to our own perceptions I guess.
IMO there is enough noise about this on every Phantom-centric forum I visit that I think it benefit DJI to simply address it instead of ignoring it. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl