Camera Yaw when looking straight down?

Reaction score
I want to create a camera and gimbal protector for the undercarriage, but I want to leave enough open space below to avoid blocking the view of the camera when the Phantom is tilting to fly sideways. Thus my question is how much (in degrees) can the camera yaw while it is looking straight down on the Earth? Can it even do that (it must be able to)?

This works fine for me :cool:
Because the camera is not in the middle :geek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 554
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 591
I put the Phantom on and the camera down then I moved the Phantom to see to where the camera moved. ;)
Under the Phantom I had a paper, and I marked the position's of the camera view.

srandall25 said:
slothead said:
srandall25 said:
Yeah, but the opening is not dimensioned!!! That is what I want to know.
How is it not? It's cut to avoid the view of the camera.
Hmmm... Do you know what "dimensioned" means? I didn't see any dimension for the opening on your drawing. I could guess it was about 3" wide, but I'm a precision kind-of-guy.

Anyway, I think you missed my point. I want to know the max camera yaw angle.

M.Tigelaar said:
I put the Phantom on and the camera down then I moved the Phantom to see to where the camera moved. ;)
Under the Phantom I had a paper, and I marked the position's of the camera view.
I may resort to that too, but at the moment I don't have access to the bird.

According to the NAZA-M documentation, during normal flight the maximum tilt angle of the quad is 35deg. (http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .26_en.pdf p.23).

It seems like you're asking a question about the gimbal rather than the camera, though. The gimbal has a greater range of movement, so I think going by the 35deg that the flight controller limits you to seems safe.

slothead said:
srandall25 said:
Hmmm... Do you know what "dimensioned" means? I didn't see any dimension for the opening on your drawing. I could guess it was about 3" wide, but I'm a precision kind-of-guy.

Anyway, I think you missed my point. I want to know the max camera yaw angle.
It's not my drawing; however, you could send a simple PM and ask the gentlemen that designed it.. perhaps he knows since he designed the camera guard to avoid the view of the camera at max yaw... :)

8676309 said:
According to the NAZA-M documentation, during normal flight the maximum tilt angle of the quad is 35deg. (http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .26_en.pdf p.23).

It seems like you're asking a question about the gimbal rather than the camera, though. The gimbal has a greater range of movement, so I think going by the 35deg that the flight controller limits you to seems safe.
Yes, I am asking about the gimbal. When I say camera, I am talking about the camera/gimbal subsystem. And your answer (35 degrees) correctly addresses my question, so thanks for that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl