Camera Won't Capture Photos/Video Occasionally

Reaction score
I tried searching the forum before posting, so apologies if I missed this discussion already.

I have a P4P that upon initial startup about 50% of the time, or maybe more, the camera won't take a photo or start recording a video. Everything else seems to be working fine. I can see the live preview on the screen, but both the shutter and video buttons on the controller and the software button on the screen are completely unresponsive. I have to shut down the drone and restart it, but then it almost always works on a second startup.

Is this an issue anyone else has run into? Could it be a compatibility issue with the DJI app and my phone (Google Pixel XL)? I've only had the P4P for just over a month, so I haven't tried another phone/tablet yet.

Thanks!

Exactly same problem here.
Yesterday I flew with no problems with my S9+.
Today was impossible change between photo and video. Mobile button didn't work but I could see a small red icon next to the SD Card on the screen blinking when I pushed the video recorder button in the remote controller.

After a while, it became responsive and now seem to work well. Under observation...

Exactly same problem here.
Yesterday I flew with no problems with my S9+.
Today was impossible change between photo and video. Mobile button didn't work but I could see a small red icon next to the SD Card on the screen blinking when I pushed the video recorder button in the remote controller.

After a while, it became responsive and now seem to work well. Under observation...
I have same problem with s9+ as of late...so software buttons do not work only remote shutter and record work(physical buttons)....def a software issue

The only time I noticed a lag or unresponsiveness in the camera, it was an sd card read/write issue. My P4Pro just doesn't like some cards, so I avoid them. I think the 360 panorama is a good test as to the write speed of the card. If it zooms thru all 34 images without hesitation, then it seems to work well on everything else, including 4k.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl