camera tilt... missing screw, DYI repair?

Reaction score
Dear Phantom Pilots,

Recently, I discovered a small soft plastic piece in my drone box.

I realized my tilt control wasn't working and saw where the piece was missing from, the left side of the camera ball.

I had not crashed the drone and don't remember loosing this screw or attachment, but obviously it fell off sometime or somewhere.

It appears there was a small screw that went thru this hole, and attaches to a gold color cog that tilts the camera up and down.

When I attempt to use the tilt feature, I hear the motor noise, but the camera does not move up or down.

The hole is roughly the size of a paperclip, but there must be some top to it that fits with the small soft plastic piece as a cover.

Does anyone know a DIY fix to repair this? Or, what the missing screw or piece looks like or can be re-ordered?

Thanks,
Justin

IMG_2518.JPG

IMG_2516.JPG
IMG_2517.JPG

I believe it is the thumb screw you are missing if i was at home i could take a picture of mine but im not ill try and get a picture tonight of it

Guys, thanks for looking into this. If anyone can confirm this or send a photo of the screw or where to buy, that would be great.

That is for the RPG Squid and he has just the stock gimbal .What ya need is one the size CityZen told ya I believe and looks like this .
servo cog.jpg

Very small and unless ya buy the whole servo plate you might can find one from a watch repair shop or somewhere the sell small hardware .

This EXACT thing happened to me yesterday. Did you get yours fixed? I gotta search for one of those small screws. Any chance of seeing a picture with the screw and plastic tab in place? I found the little plastic piece in my case, not sure how it will re-attach.

This EXACT thing happened to me yesterday. Did you get yours fixed? I gotta search for one of those small screws. Any chance of seeing a picture with the screw and plastic tab in place? I found the little plastic piece in my case, not sure how it will re-attach.
At the top of the page is some pictures bro but just took this one for ya .
screw.jpg

Sweet and thanks for the pix... So the plastic piece in the picture with a paper clip (I found mine in bottom of my case) it is not used I presume. Thought it might be a cover, but don't think so now.

Sweet and thanks for the pix... So the plastic piece in the picture with a paper clip (I found mine in bottom of my case) it is not used I presume. Thought it might be a cover, but don't think so now.
That piece is the outside cover . Covers the screw .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers