Camera swap

Reaction score
Is it possible to replace phantom 3 standard 2.7k camera with phantom 3 4k camera?

I'm not sure, I think it has something to do with software. This question gets asked often around here.. no expert at all but I'm pretty sure it's been tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NitroMan
Well I believe there is a model phantom 3 4k , right? I'm wondering if the camera from it will fit a phantom 3 standard.

It will fit for sure, but unless someone corrects me, I don't believe that the birds have compatible software, I remember reading something about overheating..

A while back "I THINK" I saw a post that someone did it and the app saw the different camera and updated the software. Maybe it's just
wishful thinking on my part.

It will fit for sure, but unless someone corrects me, I don't believe that the birds have compatible software, I remember reading something about overheating..

A while back "I THINK" I saw a post that someone did it and the app saw the different camera and updated the software. Maybe it's just
wishful thinking on my part.

That would be cool, I hope someone chimes in

No........ Not a straight swap, and to the extent it might be done probably not be worth the effort/cost.

4K camera at top.

Notice the significant differences in the connectors.

IMG_0200.PNG
IMG_0201.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: L3thalB3ard

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31