Camera Shake

Reaction score
I have a DJI Phantom 3 advanced and I notice some side to side shake on my videos....not all the time it's intermittent. Flew on a relatively calm day. I have replaced the vibration dampers with new ones and only have two on. On opposing corners...any idea. Aircraft hasn't been crashed or rough landings. Thanks Terry

I have a DJI Phantom 3 advanced and I notice some side to side shake on my videos....not all the time it's intermittent. Flew on a relatively calm day. I have replaced the vibration dampers with new ones and only have two on. On opposing corners...any idea. Aircraft hasn't been crashed or rough landings. Thanks Terry
Older Phantoms can be victims of prop balancing, you did the right thing changing out the dampers (need all 4), but newer plastic props tend to flex causing the "JELLO" effect. I use carbon fiber props on my old Phantom 3 Pro. I don't get to fly it as much compared to my Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro, so it needs a warm up flight to loosen the dampers up again to cut out the "JELLOing"

Reactions: alsobrook4336
May need to reinstall new firmware just a thought if the software has any kind of bug this can happen specially since you’re saying it’s not constant I would try that

Hi, I don't have a P3 but some 6/7 years ago I did fit a gimbal to a (non-DJI) drone to mount an action camera. The first dampers that I tried were too stiff and the shake improved after I fitted a new set of softer grade dampers. I offer this in the hope that it might help.

Recoveryone has also given good advice regarding the prop balance. Check the tips and leading edge of the props for damage. Try swapping the props onto the diagonally opposite motor and see if that fixes the jello. Try a new set of props.

All the best, Martin

Balance your props. I balanced all my Phantom 1 props and that cured all vibration issues. I even made a prop vibration troubleshooting video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.