Camera settings

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are default camera settings for photo and video? Also would like to find a quick reference page for adjusting settings like shutter speed, ISO and others. My videos look no where close to as good as the ones I see online.

I was wondering if there are default camera settings for photo and video? Also would like to find a quick reference page for adjusting settings like shutter speed, ISO and others. My videos look no where close to as good as the ones I see online.
Good question. I'm new to this as well so be interesting to see responses. One question about your video though. Are you watching your cached videos or ones that you've uploaded to a computer from your bird? If you just watching cached video (video saved to phone or tablet from the original flight) they're not going to be good quality no matter your settings. I had the same question with mine. Download the video to your computer then watch it. 100% better.

Reactions: PhantomMenace65
I have been takind the memory card from my P3P and putting it right into my tablet. I'm very new and figuring this as I go. I just did this for the first time after my last flight since upgrading to a 10" tablet. This video was way smoother then it was on my pc.

Photography and video is an art form and as such, I don't believe there can be a default setting. It all depends on what you're trying to achieve and how much time you wish to invest in post-production.

I learned straight away that simply placing the camera settings on auto garners excellent results, even with my Phantom 3S. These cameras are impressive. I own a decent Canon DSLR with a variety of settings I can adjust, but for a quick shot of a squirrel in my backyard, I throw it into auto. Other, more complicated shoots, I go into manual and adjust based on the "look" I'm trying to achieve.

So if you want to spend some time processing your photos in Lightroom or editing video in something like Cyberlink or Premiere, the possibilities are almost endless.

Let us know what results you are looking for. While I also appreciate "the ones online" in terms of quality, there are differences. And as chrismartin asked, I hope the video you're looking at is the actual video or photos recorded directly to the micro sd card and not the cached video on your phone or tablet.

I am looking for a nice crisp video with balanced color and brightness. My main issue is that while learning my new drone, I adjusted different camera settings and want to get them back to default. I'm sure this is all stuff I will learn as I go.

I am looking for a nice crisp video with balanced color and brightness. My main issue is that while learning my new drone, I adjusted different camera settings and want to get them back to default. I'm sure this is all stuff I will learn as I go.
If your just trying to reset to default. There I believe is an option for that under your settings.

Just use AUTO and the drone will adjust as needed. Flyboy posted a link to a great article. Here's another I referred to when I purchased my P3S. The Best Camera Settings For Phantom 3 - UnlimiteDrone

I got my 4 for Christmas
New to drones
My picture quality is not as expected
My brother has a mavic with better picture quality

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl