Camera main board

Reaction score
Hello,
I have problem with phantom 3 SE camera main board gimal ribbon connector. As you see from image there are missing ribbon connector lock. (black part that hold all ribbon connector). Maybe somehow is impossible to fix this issue? How to connect ribbon without connector lock

Attachments

• 20170918_222640.jpg
    20170918_222640.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 466
Hello,
I have problem with phantom 3 SE camera main board gimal ribbon connector. As you see from image there are missing ribbon connector lock. (black part that hold all ribbon connector). Maybe somehow is impossible to fix this issue? How to connect ribbon without connector lock
Thats a suc one,,try use sticky part off a sticking plaster (bandaid),,was thinkin blue tack but not so sucure,,hot glue mayby bit warm ,i go for stickin plaster

Hello erixas,

Sorry I don't think ianzone's suggestion will work, the black plastic locking lever on the connector actually compresses the ribbon-cable to cause it to make secure contact with the soldered areas of the ribbon cable, and the contact pads of the connector, it performs a dual action, #1 it ensures good contact between the ribbon and it's own contact pads and #2 by doing action #1 achieves action #2.

It may be possible to achieve a good contact by sliding in to the connector a thin piece of plastic on top of the ribbon, to cause the ribbon to be pushed down onto the contact pads, then do as ianzone suggest and tape the ribbon to the board to secure it, personally I agree do not use hot melt glue.

Regards Waylander

Thank you for advice.

Maybe someone knows this connector type? Maybe there are possible replace this connector type into new one.
Not sure on that had quick look on ebay,looks like it part of the board,,you might be able to find a computer shop that mayby have something to lock it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel