P4 Firmware Camera gimbal problem

Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I'm new to the phantom world, and had a question. I just received my phantom from drone world, and have noticed that when my camera gimbal initializes, it isn't centered. It is approximately 5 degrees left of center of the yaw axis. I have done the calibration in IMU, gimbal and compass, still no difference. I see that there is only roll adjustment in the gimbal manual setting. I know there must be a fix for this. Can anyone recommend a path? I also did the latest firmware update. I saw on youtube that this is a problem that many have had in the past, but I haven't seen any posts in the last 6 months. They were all old, so I guess there must be a fix. Any help would be awesome. I don't want to return the drone if all possible.

Thanks

What happens to the slight gimbal yaw when you fly it? Horizon roll can be adjusted in DJI Go but yaw centering cant.

When I fly, its seems to operate well, but if I fly directly down a road or a path its aimed slightly left. To center the view, I need to set up with a slight nose right, and then fly using a small amount of roll left to keep the view centered. It's kind of a pain, but not real hard.

If this is a P4(P), here is a quick fix -
With your AC turned-off, 'CAREFULLY' turn the yaw axis of the gimbal in the opposite direction of the misalignment (in your case, to the right.) You will reach it's end of free travel movement. Slightly and carefully rotate beyond this end point that same approximate 5 degrees. You will feel a little resistance as you are realigning what is believed to be a gasket/sleeve in the head of the gimbal. Once again, only light pressure is needed. These have been known to arrive off-center when shipped from DJI.
After completing this process, check to see if it is back in alignment by powering on the A/C. If not, repeat the process with the A/C powered-up. Some have had success with either of the two power scenarios.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik